Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Computer Programming is NOT hard says anonymous

Posted by   + Show Post

Quote:

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is an engineer who didn't really take any programming classes and is still a successful software engineer. It's not as challenging as you're making it out to be. 

According to anonymous, programming doesnt require that much practice and education anyone can do it. Id like to see anyone build mobile apps, or an accounting software to be installed on a PC, or perhaps code Java to make all our digital things work and run. Since its so easy and nothing to it, Im sure most of the members in CM can do all these things and plus some!

Let us not forget there are well over 200 difference computer languages which Im sure we ALL are familiar and can easily just write up a simple coding line in all of those languages.

*According to Anonymous*

\

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Replies (241-248):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

my bil is a computer software programmer. all I know is he went to school for years for it and he makes a lot of money as well. so I really am doubting its that easy. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

if it is so easy why are you getting your PhD?

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Actually I do IT including programming and java.  I'm created apps and build networks and my own server (I'm way to cheap to pay for internet, LOL).  However I did go to school.  I have my Master's degree and I'm abut half way through my PhD. 

Lilfootmommy
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Not to mention a lot of those things can change over a few years. My dh taught himself all of this and hes still teaching himself new things all the time.
MaryanneMac
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Why am I getting my PhD? umm Because I can! Not to mention that I'll get a huge pay raise (almost 300K a year!) and a nice promotion at work. Just because I'm getting a PhD doesn't mean I find the work to be hard (or even challenging).

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Actually I do IT including programming and java.  I'm created apps and build networks and my own server (I'm way to cheap to pay for internet, LOL).  However I did go to school.  I have my Master's degree and I'm abut half way through my PhD. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

ya ok I mean everyone gets a PHD because its soo easy I mean college is sooo easy even a caveman can do it... Im not impressed with your PhD which came soooo easy for you.

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Why am I getting my PhD? umm Because I can! Not to mention that I'll get a huge pay raise (almost 300K a year!) and a nice promotion at work. Just because I'm getting a PhD doesn't mean I find the work to be hard (or even challenging).

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

MaryanneMac
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM

NOt to be rude, but you sound jealous and I didn't ask you to be impressed!! No collage wasn't hard for me.  I graduated in 3 years with a 3.9 GPA.  I finished my Masters in about 15 months, with a 4.0 GPA.  I will be finished with my PhD  this year (it took 3 years) with a 4.0 (God willing).  

Just because you find something difficult doesn't mean that everyone does!! I am sorry that you are so stupid that you didn't know that!!!

Quoting thetrollcat:

ya ok I mean everyone gets a PHD because its soo easy I mean college is sooo easy even a caveman can do it... Im not impressed with your PhD which came soooo easy for you.

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

jlbelknap35
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Programming is hard And you have to be a special person to get it. I understand hardware but when it comes to the programming of it I wouldn't know where to begin.
mab05
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM
My husband taught himself a lot of what he knows long before he went to school.
he hasn't been to any of his classes this semester and has taught himself everything he needed to know.

I *PERSONALLY* could never learn any of that shit! You definitely have to have the right mind to get into it. And my husband (of his 60 classmates) is the only one that seems to be doing a decent job, and like I said its all self taught so I do know you have to be pretty smart to get it.

I do not agree with anon that its "not that hard".

I also wonder if her dh is a software engineer or a cpa... cause there is a difference

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)