Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son gets to come home for mothers day :D

Posted by   + Show Post

His P/O is driving him here so he can come home for a few days.. its just Thursday to Sunday but I am pretty happy :D He wants to get together with me to discuss how well my son is doing.. yay... hoping he gets to come home for good this summer.. he has almost been gone a year now :(

by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM

oh man, im sorry mama. thats gotta be hard on so many levels. i am glad he is getting the help he needs though!!!

when my cousin molested me all they did was ship him off to live in a foster home, no treatment. and then were surprised when he abused another child. what did they expect?

will he be able to come back and live with you when his treatment is done? do you have any idea how much longer he will have to be away for?

Quoting acaisha:

he is 15 now it happened when he was 13.. he was also abused by a child when he was around 5 too.. they are helping him work through all that.. he is doing really well..and yes I have a 3 and 5 year old boys and an 18 year old boy

Quoting Anonymous:

oh wow...how old is he? do you have other kids in your home?

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting Anonymous:

im glad he'll be home for you! but why is he in a sex offender treatment program...?

he put his hand down his 5 year old step sisters pants and I had him charged so he could get treatment.. (the step sister is not my child.. its his dads wifes.. they don't live near us it happened on a visit)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM
3 moms liked this
A mothers child, no matter the age, no matter the background they have, is still always a mothers child. With all going on, a boy still needs his mom, and a mom should always stand by her child.

Enjoy your visit! I'm glad he's getting the help he needs and deserves, and I'm glad you all will get to spend time together!
acaisha
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I am glad too.. I never regretted it despite how hard it was on my family. I really believe in my heart he was/is just a confused hurting boy who made a terrible mistake.. I pray he will do what he needs to live a happy life.

Quoting FoxFire363:

That's great news and a sign of progress as well. I'm so glad you took steps as early as you did. I bet you're really excited for his visit!

Quoting acaisha:

thanks.. he has been there since last September and doing very well.. he was always low risk so I am pretty confident they can work through his issues.. he also has an age appropriate girlfriend who lives here.. she is a nice girl they talk over xbox lol

Quoting FoxFire363:

I'm so glad you finally found a program for him.

just_hc
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Wonderful news!  I'm sure you miss him terribly!  Enjoy your visit! 

Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

fingers crossedhow exciting!

acaisha
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

thanks.. and that is the very reason I didn't just sweep it under the rug.. I encouraged charges to be pressed because I know it was his best chance.. He should be able to return home once he has satisfied all he requirements and they are confident he can be successful here.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh man, im sorry mama. thats gotta be hard on so many levels. i am glad he is getting the help he needs though!!!

when my cousin molested me all they did was ship him off to live in a foster home, no treatment. and then were surprised when he abused another child. what did they expect?

will he be able to come back and live with you when his treatment is done? do you have any idea how much longer he will have to be away for?

Quoting acaisha:

he is 15 now it happened when he was 13.. he was also abused by a child when he was around 5 too.. they are helping him work through all that.. he is doing really well..and yes I have a 3 and 5 year old boys and an 18 year old boy

Quoting Anonymous:

oh wow...how old is he? do you have other kids in your home?

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting Anonymous:

im glad he'll be home for you! but why is he in a sex offender treatment program...?

he put his hand down his 5 year old step sisters pants and I had him charged so he could get treatment.. (the step sister is not my child.. its his dads wifes.. they don't live near us it happened on a visit)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Glad he gets to come home and glad he has a supportive and encouraging mother

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I hope so too, mama. But you've done what you can to give him the tools to make it possible. A lot of people would have buried themselves in denial and let things get way worse. He has a strong mama, and that will help him become a strong man.

Quoting acaisha:

I am glad too.. I never regretted it despite how hard it was on my family. I really believe in my heart he was/is just a confused hurting boy who made a terrible mistake.. I pray he will do what he needs to live a happy life.

Quoting FoxFire363:

That's great news and a sign of progress as well. I'm so glad you took steps as early as you did. I bet you're really excited for his visit!

Quoting acaisha:

thanks.. he has been there since last September and doing very well.. he was always low risk so I am pretty confident they can work through his issues.. he also has an age appropriate girlfriend who lives here.. she is a nice girl they talk over xbox lol

Quoting FoxFire363:

I'm so glad you finally found a program for him.

ittyprincess604
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

thats awesome that you will get to see him!

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Yay best mothers day present you could get! Enjoy the visit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)