Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No baby for you, but. now its possible. ..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
For the past 6 years I have been told by multiple doctors that im infertile. They always said, even if I became pregnant by some crazy chance, my body would never be able to carry a pregnancy full term.. I have had many, many miscarriages in the past. I just found out from my doctor after bloodwork and mri why I couldn't get pregnant ( I honestly gave up on ttc) they were looking at my brain bc a level came back high. Anyways, ive been on medicine since February. I just got a call saying my levels are back to where they should be, im also ovulating and if I want to get pregnant we can ttc now..

Anyone have good tips\tricks that helped the become pregnant? Yes I know have sex. Anything else?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Just have fun! Seriously. if you are just having fun, and not trying so hard, it seems to happen better. I guess because your body isn't as stressed and is more relaxed. :D  good luck!!! I hope you get a BFP soon!!! 

TeamTARDIS
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Just relax. Have a glass of wine, have a date night, rent a hotel room, have a bath. Whatever gets you nice and relaxed and then have some awesome sex!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Use ovulation kit to find out when you are ovulating.  Then have sex every other day.  Don't use lubricant (some studies show it can reduce sperm motility).  Try some red wine (you, not DH).  DH needs to reduce alcohol (if he drinks).  You can prop your hips up afterwards for a couple of minutes. 

:-)  Can you tell..I was in the TTC group for 4 years!  Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM

The best one I have found to be true is, don't try too hard.  I know it sounds odd, but believe anyone will tell you.  I tried for 4 years.  After that I gave up and decided it wasn't going to happen, and that we should move on with our lives.  So I decided to go back to school and get my masters.  4 months after giving up ( 3 weeks into school ) I get pregnant. 

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Baby asprin, plain robitussin syrup during the fertile days, and up the OJ!

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Have FUN with it and relax. Stress is counter productive. Good luck!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM

If you want to be anon, quit liking everyone's replies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
We dont have time for a hotel room. We had from sat to Wednesday. We had alot of sex this weekend. Soo thats good.

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Just have fun! Seriously. if you are just having fun, and not trying so hard, it seems to happen better. I guess because your body isn't as stressed and is more relaxed. :D  good luck!!! I hope you get a BFP soon!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM
What kept you from getting pregnant? Based on what issue you have to overcome people can help with specific tips. I've been through infertility so I may have some good specific tips.
Without knowing specifics I say have sex and lay down for awhile afterwards. Drink lots of water and stay away from caffeine.

Quoting Anonymous:

For the past 6 years I have been told by multiple doctors that im infertile. They always said, even if I became pregnant by some crazy chance, my body would never be able to carry a pregnancy full term.. I have had many, many miscarriages in the past. I just found out from my doctor after bloodwork and mri why I couldn't get pregnant ( I honestly gave up on ttc) they were looking at my brain bc a level came back high. Anyways, ive been on medicine since February. I just got a call saying my levels are back to where they should be, im also ovulating and if I want to get pregnant we can ttc now..

Anyone have good tips\tricks that helped the become pregnant? Yes I know have sex. Anything else?
twoblues
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM
We bought hundreds of the ovulation kits over the years until my OBGYN told us that by the time those things are positive, it's too late. Great! Just know when you ovulate and after sex, elevate your behind for as long as you can stand it. Good luck and I wish you the best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN