Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kicked out of an apartment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
A friend of mine is being kicked out of her apartment for noise issues. Her son is Autistic and has raging fits. The apartment has 24/7 quiet hours because it is mostly shift workers. She has been in the same apartment for years. Now there is new management and they are enforcing the quiet hours. Everyone is telling her to sue. They said that her son falls under the Americans with Disabilities Act. However, I think they are being more than fair here. They are offering her an apartment in a sister complex that is a mile down the road. It is more child friendly. They are transferring the deposit, and paying for a moving company. I see no reason here to sue. She is on the fence.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeamTARDIS
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
5 moms liked this
She is lucky they are working with her. She should take what they offer and move.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Sounds like management has come to a very happy medium here. Why would there be a problem with that compromise?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM

They are going way above board to help her out. Most places, when they kick you out, they just kick you out. They don't bother offering you a place somewhere else, much less offter to transfer your deposits and pay for the moving company.   Can she afford to move on her own? Find a new place, pay new deposits, pay for movers?  If not, she needs to take the deal.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this
If they just threw her on the street, I'd say sue, but they are being very accommodating to her.

I can see why she'd be upset, embarrassed, and just generally feel "shit on" though.
smalltownmom03

I think they are doing enough. 

stickyfingers
They are trying to work with her and give her somewhere more comfortable and yet respect the ppl sleeping all day. I don't see anything wrong with this. Why would she sue? Is the new apartment crappy or put of the school district?
Superlaura328

Hmm, I think you're right. If they were just booting her with no place to go, I'd definitely sue. But it seems they are setting her up well with a new place and covering the charges... I think she should take the opportunity. Sucks, though :(

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

They are being very generous.  She should take their offer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

unless it's a downgrade, take the move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I have heard his rages.  You can hear them in the parking lot.  In a place with mostly shift workers I can see why their are complaints.  She lived there before he was born.  So it was fine then.  The rages started within the last six months.

Quoting wickedfiress:

If they just threw her on the street, I'd say sue, but they are being very accommodating to her.

I can see why she'd be upset, embarrassed, and just generally feel "shit on" though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN