Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this really an affair? *Interesting update!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 389 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Is it an affair?

Options:

Yes

No

Legally yes, but I think no.

Legally no, but I think yes.

Other?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1066

View Results

Having a relationship while your divorce is pending.

My friend (who is dating a still legally married man) says no.  I think it kind of is.  And I believe it is legally considered an affair and can affect the legal proceedings of the divorce (True?  False?).  

UPDATE:

The boyfriend told his wife (who is contesting the divorce and wants to pursue counseling to make their marriage work and keep their family together) about his relationship with my friend 10 days ago.  She told me about the wife for the first time last week.  He sent her a text message this morning breaking off the relationship.  No reason.  Just "not going to work".  Last week, he was telling her that he wants to marry her when his divorce is final.

I wonder if the wife threatened to out him to the judge?  Or if he is going back to her?  I cannot believe that just what I was worried about could very well be happening!  I'm so sorry for my friend.  Mind=Blown.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MallorysMom07
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM
7 moms liked this

I think if they are just seperated then probably yes, but if the divorce has been filed and going through then No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
27 moms liked this
If you're married and bonking someone else you're a cheating whore, period.
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
3 moms liked this
I have no idea about the legalities of it, but I wouldn't consider it an affair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
My BIL who is still legally married to my SIL has been dating a girl for 2 years who is still legally married to her husband.. yeah catch all that lol. they also have a 9 month old son together
M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

False it didn't hurt me at all. The judge and me had a nice talk while I was on the stand about what my SO does for a living.

But legally yes it can be considered that but I don't feel like it is period at all. When you are done you are done. When you are ready to move on you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

She says they were "on and off" until he met her 6 months ago, but the divorce proceedings began 3 years ago.  It sounds suspicious to me.

Quoting MallorysMom07:

I think if they are just seperated then probably yes, but if the divorce has been filed and going through then No.

SterlingHeart
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

if her STBX knows and there is no secret then no i think it isn't an affair

evolove
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this
My df and I are BOTH going through divorces. Both of us have papers that have been submitted to the courts. Just waiting for the final hearing. We both say we are bf/gf and if anyone asks we are separated, bc we are. Not once has anyone scuffed at our answers or said "you know that's an affair right?" Or anything like that either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I tend to feel this way.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're married and bonking someone else you're a cheating whore, period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
5 moms liked this
If you are legally married and have a relationship with someone else then YES you are cheating. Not only on your stbx but the person you are having a relationship with!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)