Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay marriage...

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 170 Replies
4 moms liked this
Yes or no? Reason for your opinion?

Personally yes. Please... not only am I tired of seeing posts everywhere about it, but why fight a battle that means nothing?? Its called pick your battles. It won't make a damn difference to straight people if gays are married! Right? Why be a prude. Why hold so strongly to your bible? It won't matter because you aren't the one that's gay!I really wish it was legal because so many of my friends just want that peice of paper that states (because they are christians)they aren't living sinfully... and most of them aren't! .... Rant over.
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM
16 moms liked this

Yes. Religion has no place in government, and prohibition of gay marriage is based in religion. It has no effect on straight marriage, and it DOES NOT take away from the validity of marriage. 

SillyDayze
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
5 moms liked this
Ug so done with gay marriage. Can't it just be everyone can get married and everyone can have the same rights? Everyone breathes the same air, lives on the same planet under the same sun.
My sister is a lesbian. She was born the same way as me, grew up the same way I did and loves her kid and girlfriend with the same fierce love we all have for our families.
WTF is the problem?!
Mommy2b2many
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not for me... I love my hubby. I know where I stand on the issue. But honestly; the fighting is just getting irritating

lucydiamond
by LD on May. 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this
I want the LBQT community to have every right to get married and be miserable like the rest of us. ;)
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. Who are they hurting if they marry? Heck, if people can marry and divorce like 100000 times what's wrong with two men or women who love each other getting married?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud.mama.of2
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Yep. Why Not. Whose It Hurting?
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree...the only difference if SSM was legal would be gay people getting married...

I have no idea why that causes some people to have a crisis of faith...if their faith is that weak, they have bigger issues than SSM...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm all for it! I'm hoping it leads to others being able to marry also. I'm in a poly relationship and would love to marry both my husbands. Maybe one day I will *crosses fingers*

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Absolutely.  I don't think anybody else should have the right to tell another person who they can and can't marry based on sexuality. It's stupid. Besides, my gay friend and his partner have had a better relationship than most of my straight friends, so I don't think people should play the "straight marriage is the only good kind of marriage" card anymore. The fact that it is even a question blows my mind. 

kansasmom1978
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN