Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got into a minor traffic accident today

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
I was exiting the laundromat today and was still in the parking lot. I was maybe going 10 miles an hour. I know it was under 15 because my doors hadn't locker yet. So I was clear of all cars and began driving straight to the exit of the shopping center parking lot. Anyways this black car was coming towards dairy queen, to my left. I had the right of way, because she was driving in the middle of marked parking spaces. I hada feeling that she was going to hit me, because she wasn't paying attention. So, I honked and swerved. She hit me by my passenger tire/ fender. My car had very little damage. A scuff mark and a couple of scratches. Her car took all the damage. Her bumper was split in half, and was only held on by a small piece on the side. We didn't call the police because we were on public property and all we could do was fill out an incident report at dps. I had my three children with me. ages 10, 7 and 5. My oldest is able to sit in the seat without a booster and my middle soon is still in a high back booster. my five year old is still in a five point harness but needs to move to a booster. I've never been in a wreck with them in the car. They weren't injured, but we're shaken up. And since my car had no damage I didn't take them to the doctor or er. should I replace both the car seat and booster? Or is the booster ok?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
metalmomma86
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Why would you replace their car seats/booster seat for a minor acident that did no damage?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Idk...but I've heard you should replace children's seats no matter how tiny the gender bender.

At least it was small. I totaled a mini bus I drive for our school district on Friday. :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Fender*

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk...but I've heard you should replace children's seats no matter how tiny the gender bender.

At least it was small. I totaled a mini bus I drive for our school district on Friday. :-(
3kidsmom357
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM
because I heard that no matter how big or small the wreck you should replace them just in case

Quoting metalmomma86:

Why would you replace their car seats/booster seat for a minor acident that did no damage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Just because there is no damage to the car doesn't mean anything! You should always replace their seat because it could compromise them. I would never take a chance w my child's safety i would replace those seats

Quoting metalmomma86:

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM

LOL at "gender bender"

Quoting Anonymous:

metalmomma86
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM
For an accident that did nothing more than scratch your car....
I guess whatever helps you sleep at night.
metalmomma86
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
http://www.parenting.com/article/when-your-car-seats-been-in-a-crash

Sorry its not clicky. I am on my phone..
3kidsmom357
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM
thanks. I'm using the seats in my husband car right now, but in the morning I'll take them to the children's hospital car seat program to insure they are safe

Quoting metalmomma86:

3kidsmom357
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM
thanks. I'm using the seats in my husband car right now, but in the morning I'll take them to the children's hospital car seat program to insure they are safe

Quoting metalmomma86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)