Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those that love their MIL's...

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 75 Replies
3 moms liked this
What are you getting them for Mothers Day?

I was thinking flowers and a spa day...but it sounds so cliche!

I'm thinking of sneaking over and planting some beautiful flowers and plants at her house while my SO takes her to lunch...but I'm afraid her husband will catch me and spoil the surprise...:(
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kendra251
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
We got her a glass humming bird wine stopper and expensive red wine. The kids made her picture frames with pictures they have drawn.

She has everything she could want, so I hope she likes it.

I do know she LOVES humming birds and red wine tho!

Edit: She would KILL me if I touched her garden, so that's not an option for us lol.
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Ahhh I can't decide! Its her birthday just a couple days before too so its becoming extra tough. I swear we've gotten her everything possible.
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I can't wait for the day that she can actually come enjoy a glass of wine with me:)

We really wanted to take her and SO's little sisters on a vacation with us for Mothers Day...just down to Gatlinburg for a weekend...but we are not sure if we will be able to:(

Quoting kendra251:

We got her a glass humming bird wine stopper and expensive red wine. The kids made her picture frames with pictures they have drawn.

She has everything she could want, so I hope she likes it.

I do know she LOVES humming birds and red wine tho!

Mamabear010

Nothing this year. I'm pregnant and miserable. Idgaf about mother's day this year.

Last year she got a Diamond's candle and flowers the year before that.

LiesLiesLies
My Birthday is May 10th:)

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Ahhh I can't decide! Its her birthday just a couple days before too so its becoming extra tough. I swear we've gotten her everything possible.

Deogie1113
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Dh is taking the day off for both his mom and me. my mom lives 2 hrs away so ill call her.

we're going to go to MIL's and I'm going to plant some moon flowers for her. She has a ugly fence the neighbor put up and it's leaning and just horrible. So I planted some moon flowers in pots and they're vining already! Excited to bring them over! We'll both get to enjoy them :) she's really excited about it!

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Mamabear010:

Nothing this year. I'm pregnant and miserable. Idgaf about mother's day this year.

Last year she got a Diamond's candle and flowers the year before that.

Oh, I should add that we did do family photos and my SIL is planning to give her those from "all of us" but I don't really consider that a gift from me/DH/DS per say. But she will be getting something and she will LOVE them.

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I honestly have no freaking clue. She's not into jewelry, spas, flowers and all that. So I hzvent the faintest clue what I am doing and I have been thinking of ideas for months now. Yep...still no clue. I love the idea of going over to plant flowers for her though. I love it! Very thoughtful.
C12H22O11addict
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Loving her is a foreign concept but you ladies gave really sweet ideas if I ever develop a relationship with this woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I'm getting her six bags of different coffee beans from Starbucks and one or two new coffee mugs. Im going to put it in a cute gift bag and hope she loves it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN