Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kidnapped Teenagers FOUND Alive in Ohio

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM
  • 50 Replies
I am amazed that these men could kidnap three girls and hold them in a suburban Ohio home, and neighbors not be aware. For over 10 years! They are not teenagers now.

I am so glad they were found, and are now safe. I am glad that Amanda Berry had the courage to fight her way out of the house! And I am glad that the neighbor didn't just "mind his own business."

This story gave me goose bumps.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/us/ohio-missing-women-found/index.html?c=homepage-t&page=1

ETA: On GMA now - interviews with neighbors & FBI.
by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Bump
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I went to school with Amanda Berry when she disappeared. I grew up in the area where all the girls were taken from. to find out that they were that close for that long astounds me.

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM

I don't even want to know what the sicko had them there for. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. I'm glad that they were found alive and in one piece.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2013 at 5:00 AM
I am glad they were all found!
ninjakids
by Christina on May. 7, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Bump to read later lol
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:04 AM
That crazy, good that they were found. Sad for what they went trough for that long.
LCG83
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:07 AM
So crazy they were gone that long and found alive.
marinenonstop
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Thank goodness they are alive. I wonder how they were hidden for so long and the events that led up to them being in a position to be free. Thank goodness for the man that helped them. He did the right thing.
bellawomen
by Summer on May. 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I hope everyone realizes how amazing this neighbor was along with those women. I cannot imagine the horrors they have been exposed to. The 9-1-1 operator drove me nuts. This girl is screaming and he just tells her whenever they get a car free it will come. Uh...a girl says she has been missing for 10 years and she isn't your priority? Fuck that. I know its a really out of the ordinary call, but at some point these calls needs to be taken seriously. Sadly, they are becoming more common :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)