Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when your children have a fever...UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Do they make noises, move around, or act as tho they're having a nightmare? My son has come up with a fever out of nowhere tonight and is currently doing all the above, plus scratching at the bed cover. He's never done this before. We have no tylenol and ni stores open around us, so I'm using damp rags. His fever wasn't foing down, so I got him in a lukewarm shower. His fever went down two points, but its starying to creep up again. I ask him where it hurts and he can't really tell me since he is two yea old. I think we are going to have to visit the ER tonight. my poor baby. :(

UPDATE: i ended up taking him to the ER because he was hallucinating pretty badly and started having febrile seizures. He wouldn't really get near me because he would say I had spiders on my shirt and would scream and cry so loud! :'( dr said he had a viral infection and dehydration. They gave him no meds. Just told me to give him tylenol for the fever. He hasn't been able to keep anything down and now he's having diarrhea. :( my poor baby.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on May. 7, 2013 at 4:48 AM
how high is the fever
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 4:50 AM
It was 103.3, then went down to 101 after the shower and right now its 102.9.

Quoting tnt-manda:

how high is the fever

jacandjay
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:53 AM
He needs to get some meds in him, try ice packs under his arms and in his groin area, it will help cool him, and give him popsicles..
MzShorty787
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Try wrapping him up in warm blankets and let him sweat it out, it worked for my little one when he had a fever in the middle of the night and I had no way to get to the store for tylenol not sure what his temp was tho cause I didn't hv a thermometer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 4:56 AM
We live in a very small town. The nearest walmart is 45mins away and our 24 hr gas station doesn't have any. :(
Ill be stocking up tomorrow! tmy kids haven't gotten sick in so long,that's why I hadn't bought any.

Quoting Anonymous:

Check out gas stations, some walmarts are open 24 hours a day, and I think some walgreens are open 24 hours a day. Try to get some motrin or tylenol whichever you prefer there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Isn't that bad tho? They can get too hot and have febrile seizures.

Quoting MzShorty787:

Try wrapping him up in warm blankets and let him sweat it out, it worked for my little one when he had a fever in the middle of the night and I had no way to get to the store for tylenol not sure what his temp was tho cause I didn't hv a thermometer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 4:58 AM
I will try that! I hope he lets me! Thank you.

Quoting jacandjay:

He needs to get some meds in him, try ice packs under his arms and in his groin area, it will help cool him, and give him popsicles..

ninjakids
by Christina on May. 7, 2013 at 5:00 AM
He could have the bug that is going around. Both my sons have fevers and my oldest woke up yesterday like that and started screaming that his belly hurt. It sucks, i find a warm bath always broke my sons fevers (warm.. Not cold! That will be a shock to their systems).
jacandjay
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Your welcome, if you dont have ice packs try ice in a bag or wrapped in a wash cloth.. or do cool bath with ice cubes, maybe he can play with them?

Quoting Anonymous:I will try that! I hope he lets me! Thank you.

Quoting jacandjay:He needs to get some meds in him, try ice packs under his arms and in his groin area, it will help cool him, and give him popsicles..

MzShorty787
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:07 AM
No not necessarily its what my mom did to us as kids and I did it to my little one........ There's a saying that goes feed a fever, starve a cold. My little boy woke in the middle of the night w/ a fever and I did it to him and he's still kicking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't that bad tho? They can get too hot and have febrile seizures.

Quoting MzShorty787:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)