Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Second pregnancy morning sickness

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM
  • 8 Replies
I am 5 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child (3rd pregnancy) and I am terrified that I will get morning sickness like my last pregnancy 6-22weeks and was on meds to help me keep food down so i could put weight on, what if its worst this time?. Last time i could sleep it off, relax and just be sick. This time I have a 3 year old that is constantly on the go to parent! I cant sleep, relax or be sick yes I can get some meds again but they dot totally stop the vomiting and I am terrified! How was your second pregnancy?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM

My first was horrific, I was sick until the day she was born, my second I never even felt nauseous and my third I was only sick for the first 10 weeks. Each one is so different, hopefully you get a good one this time. 

jacandjay
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM
My second was SO much easier than my first.... But I also never had morning sickness..
MamaRae85
by *you're on May. 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM

For me, the second was a little worse than the first one was. It (morning sickness) just ended a couple of weeks ago. Everybody's different, though, so there's really no way to tell how yours will be.

Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope it's easy-peasy. =)

MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I threw up from conception to delivery. I had a 10 month old and I worked 32 hours a week. Plus I was AMA.

Yet somehow I survived. Hmmmm.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  1. mine was worse the second time around. my first was 9 months when i got pregnant. i was in the bathroom 60% of the time. then on the couch the rest of the time. i had to take it easy, i was getting dizzy after 15 mins, had extreme pelvic pressure after about 16 weeks so my midwife told me no more then 15 mins at a time. i know this will sound bad but i just turned on cartoon and gave ds1 toys and sat on the couch (my belly had to be at level wiht my pelvic to ease the pressure)while he watched cartoons and played. sometimes he would come and sit with me on the couch or come into the bathroom and sit there trying o make me feel better.
0_o
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Bump
Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I was hyperemesis with my first child, I'm 8 Weeks right now and I'm already on the same path :-( if I move I puke. My Mom and my inlaws have been taking care of me I'm on a gatorade and cracker diet :-\
jjchick75
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM

My first was awful. I had hyperemesis from 6 weeks until she was born. I was sick but less sick with 2nd. With my 3rd pregnancy I was the sickest I've ever been. I lost 30lbs throughout the pregnancy and ended up with a feeding tube for awhile. It was just awful! My last pregnancy so I had very little morning sickness. I don't know what was different this time from the others but it was much better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN