Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ear piercing Baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies

have you gotten your dd 's ear pierced? and if so at what age? my dd is now 8 months and im going back and forth with whether or not i want to get it done... any pros or cons you can share?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM

bump

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on May. 7, 2013 at 7:51 AM
4 moms liked this
No babies do not need their ears done. My oldest is just now asking and is 7 and still doesn't have them done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I think there is a window when they are very young that you can be assured they won't mess with them but then their ear lobes are do small you risk funky placement. After that you risk them messing with them either getting them inacted or even ripping an ear. I think its best to wait until they are old enough to understand what's going on and how to act with them. My DD started asking right before her 4 birthday so we got it done add a birthday present it is an awesome memory for her father and I. Everywhere she went for a week she would stop total strangers to point them out. LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM
My girls were both done at 6 months
cmabbott
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM
My oldest had her ears pierced after she had her second set of shots, our youngest was 16 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM
If and when we have a daughter we will do it at 6 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM

aww that does sound sweet lol!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I think there is a window when they are very young that you can be assured they won't mess with them but then their ear lobes are do small you risk funky placement. After that you risk them messing with them either getting them inacted or even ripping an ear. I think its best to wait until they are old enough to understand what's going on and how to act with them. My DD started asking right before her 4 birthday so we got it done add a birthday present it is an awesome memory for her father and I. Everywhere she went for a week she would stop total strangers to point them out. LOL

angevil53
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Got my dds done at 4mo.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on May. 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband wants to get our daughter's done for her first birthday. I think they look cute, but like you, I'm going back and forth on it. I'm not sure yet. 

luckymommy29
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM
7 moms liked this
I think it should be their choice their body their decision :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)