Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can they take my daughter away?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Long story short, i havn't been doing very well at all mentally, and havnt been for almost a year now, i've gone to counseling, taken different medications but lately i've been feeling like i need alot more help and have been thinking about going to the psych ward because of how bad the war in my head is right now. I have a three year old daughter and am a single mother to boot, i am scared if i go and try getting the help i need they will deem me to unstable to take care of her and take her from me, which is the only reason i havn't gone and gotten more extensive help. I just know right now i really need help to get better and i would make sure shes with people who would take excellent care of her, i am just so scared and torn because i am afraid of opening up a can of worms. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
If you feel so bad how selfish is out to put you're childs through all that. What a horrible way to grow up. Stop thinking and worrying about you and stop what's best for you're child and being raised by a person who admits they need a psych ward. Selfish selfish
GOBryan
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Who would take custody of her? Would her father? A family member? The only way that's likely to happen is if someone files against you in court. As long as she's well taken care of, it's not likely. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM

It would be my grandparents caring for her, they are both fully capeable of doing so and would be taken care of in every way. 

Quoting GOBryan:

Who would take custody of her? Would her father? A family member? The only way that's likely to happen is if someone files against you in court. As long as she's well taken care of, it's not likely. 

Katt709
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM
CPS won't ever be involved if you have someone who us willing able and suitable to take care if her while you're seeking treatment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM
3 moms liked this
FROM EXPERIENCE..... NO, they will NOT take your dd.. So long as you have someone fit to care for her while you are gone. You need to compose a letter, giving 'name' temporary guardianship of dd, permission to authorize medical treatment, etc from date you will be gone until date you will return. Have it notarized. Be sure they have her birth cert, ss card, insurance card etc..., you ARE doing what is best for dd by getting the help you know you need. The only selfish thing to do is NOT to get yourself help!!!! As long as you are ensuring she is well taken care of in your absence , there is no reason for CPS to even get involved. Take care of YOU, so that you can be the best mom possible! Good luck... Don't let fear hold you back!!! That's where the trouble will come in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

They wont take her if you have someone to take care of her, but they will be involved and making sure she is fine where she is and that you are getting help you need. They will be more a support system for you and your dd then a hinder to your health.

They can help with you setting up the paperwork that the care taker will need to take her to the doctor, school and all that stuff.

CPS can be good at times when it comes to moms getting help. I know first hand as they didnt take my ds from me they just encourged me to get help, and helped me find someone to see.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you all SO much ladies. i will be making a phone call here shortly to my grandparents and i will start getting things in motion for getting DD all taken care of and then i will be on my way to get treatment. i seriously appreciate the advice! 

2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Where is your family?  I would ask your doctor what he thinks you should do, you know that this isn't going to get better by itself, so I would ask your doctor if he thinks you would benefit from long term treatment.  I am not sure what could be done in patient that couldn't be done out patient, I think you need to be 100% honest with your doctor and go from there.

It would be more likely the state would take her away if she were to be harmed in your care while you were not seeking help.  Good luck!

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM

not if you give her to you mom, or a family member. you can sign papers to make them half legal gaurdians to. 

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
How dare she admit that she needs help! It would be so much better if she had a breakdown and endangered her child. Get bent, anonymous.

OP, I applaud your bravery in getting help so that toucan be the best mother possible. Big hugs.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you feel so bad how selfish is out to put you're childs through all that. What a horrible way to grow up. Stop thinking and worrying about you and stop what's best for you're child and being raised by a person who admits they need a psych ward. Selfish selfish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)