Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think Christianity is under attack?

Posted by   + Show Post

I saw this posted in another group: Crazy Christians think they are persecuted

Do you think Christianity is under attack, or is this a lot of nonsense?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Not in America but else where in the world, yes some are.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I've been struggling with my faith for a while now.  But yes I am a Christian.  :)  Not perfect.  I make many mistakes...  but i'm working on that and working on regaining my faith!  But yeah...  I tend to stay out of religious posts for multiple reasons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Yep I do believe we are under attack.  Have been for a long time.  Satan is always trying to take our peace and happiness.  

*I* don't force my beliefs on anyone.  I have friends of many different religions and beliefs.  It's called respect and common courtesy  :)

didn't even know you were a christian.

you're doing it right. lol.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

True. 

I've been bashed on here for my faith but not persecuted. Just called names hehe

Quoting chalisa0:

Yes.  But that's a lot different than being persecuted.  

"I give You my apathy, I give you all of me, I want Your symphony, singing in all that I am, at the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back, so I lay my head back down, & I lift my hands & I pray to be only Yours, I pray to be only Yours, I know now You're my only hope" Switchfoot

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

*slams door*

No *shakes fist*

Quoting RightSock:

*backs out of the post*

jojo_star
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It's nonsense. Just because someone doesn't want to live by their idea of right and wrong and doesn't want the laws of this country based on their idea of right and wrong does not mean they are being attacked or persecuted. If anything, Christians are attacking every and all religions.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Another post by the plant. S what company do you work for again op?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I thin Christianity has always been under attack in some way by someone or another.
RightSock
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

*slams door*

No *shakes fist*

Quoting RightSock:

*backs out of the post*

CutieCrab
by Jen on May. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's easier to come out of the closet than it is to admit you're a christian at least in the public lime light. 

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
4 moms liked this

A really good example is something I read recently that compared the newly-outed basketball player to Tim Tebow. The basketball player was celebrated for coming out as gay, but Tim Tebow is frequently bashed for his faith.  This just seems strange to me. As a Christian, yes, I feel like I am under attack when I'm not allowed to fully express my faith, but I understand that it is nothing compared to the martyrs in first century Rome who lived (literally)underground to avoid persecution.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)