Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cant get my bf to wife me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We have been together for four years now and share a son. We have been living together for two years. we love each other deeply, and talk about marriage frequently but he says he isn't ready because he doesn't have the financial stability. I'm like we live together now and are struggling together now, so what's the difference. I really don't wanna wait much longer idk what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM

You sound ignorant!

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM

why buy the cow when he gets the milk for free?

sampson200
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Not meant as snarky at all, but in being together for 4 years, living together for 2, and having a son.....have you ever seriously discussed your marriage expectations together?

I lived with my husband for 2 years....for 1 year we were engaged: we both knew each other's minds on marriage. He also knew that I wasn't willing to be a longterm girlfriend. And that children didn't happen until after marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly but if he doesn't wanna get married i can't see us lasting.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Well, I agree with you. Being a family, you already struggle together.

I would have to say, he just doesn't want to get married. Just feels pressured because its what you want.

babygirl_1012
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

If you guys are on public assistance, then getting married would affect you two, if you guys are not getting marries will help you two out. But if he is always making up excuses to get married, then he really doesnt want to, unless you keep telling him you want a big fancy wedding, then I wouldnt want to spend that type of money either. So if you just want a piece a paper saying youre married, and he doesnt want to do that, its because he doesnt want that title.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
We are great together, i want to get married. we had a child.We are making it work. Now I can't say what i want because we had a child first. I think he is comfortable and i didn't say i would end it but i will shake it up to see what happens and go from there. Be judgmental if you want to.

Quoting Kool_Aide:

But, you are willing to end the relationship if marriage doesn't happen......but bringing a child into the world seems like there was less thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm obviously i got pregnant. I know it's out of order but, i happened.

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Why would you have a kid first if marriage is this important to you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly but if he doesn't wanna get married i can't see us lasting.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Well, I agree with you. Being a family, you already struggle together.

I would have to say, he just doesn't want to get married. Just feels pressured because its what you want.

kysmama08
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Marriage is just a piece of paper anyways...if you've been together that long and have been fine and y'all love each other than what's the big deal with waiting? I was with my fiance for 3 years before he proposed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
He doesn't want to marry you. I would say its time to tell him that if he won't marry you, you're gone.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM
He's never going to marry you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

This is such an ignorant and immature statement! My husband and I had one kid before getting married and 4 more after getting married.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Want to get a man to marry you? Don't have kids together first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

You can't get your boyfriend to wife you? Do you actually talk like that? No wonder why... Grow up or move on!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)