Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need outside insight

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Ive been a SAHM to my 16 month old all the while having my husband begging for me to get a job. After months of trying I got a temp job at the Walmart across town.

I've been making 300-360 pay checks, but with the cost of child care of about 250 per pay chec . going through a qaurter tank a gas a day between the both of us having only the one car.

DH wants me to quit because to him it's just not worth it. But I enjoy working there, and we are about to move to bigger apartment a little closer to my work. I realky dont want to quit....

What would you guys do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

IF you enjoy working I wouldn't quit. Sometimes it may not be worth it money wise (where you end up breaking even on paychecks) but it's worth it for your happiness and sanity.

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM

If you enjoy it, stay at WalMart.  I think a little bit of outside the home time is good for you, even if it's not financially worth it.  

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Just stay at the job. You have the potential to move up the ladder there, it's creating work history, you get some tax relief for the daycare when you file taxes and the child won't be in daycare forever. If you continue working now, by the time the child is in school, hopefully you'll have advanced in your job and will be making more than you would if you were just starting a new job when the baby reached Kindergarten. Plus, you gave him what he asked for and you're happy there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I wouldnt quit if you enjoy it.

illinoismommy83
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

He wanted you to work so bad. Now you are and you enjoy it, so too bad for him. Keep your job if it makes you happy.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Stay if it makes you happy. Its still bringing in extra. What dept are you in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM
lawn and garden

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Stay if it makes you happy. Its still bringing in extra. What dept are you in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Stay.  You get a tax deduction for daycare (up to $5k) so that will help as well. 

robyann
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I think you need to make those types of decisions together. He seems like he made the decision for you to get a job, and now he'll make the decision whether you keep the job or not. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Why is this a question? If you enjoy working, stay working. And honestly you are being very smart by working and not being an unmarried SAHM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)