Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

oh god....WTF!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies

i went into the tattoo/piercing parlor with my 18 yo dd,she wanted her nose pierced and i wanted another hole in my ears so we went and there was a girl who didnt look more then 2 years older then my dd with a toddler and a new born girl(probably a month or 2 old) the piercer asked for the girls ID and i heard him so "oh good your 21 i thought you were 16" and he started laughing(this place was quiet,its a little gem that i found a while ago) anyway so i hear the guy say "so what are you in for?" the girl says "well i want my nose pierced twice (shows him picture of someone who has it) and i want to get her ears pierced if thats ok"  i hear the piercer say "sure!" and takes them into the back room, a few minutes later i hear the baby whimper and i just cringed, it took about 25 minutes for them to finish. the piercer told the mom to sit and wait a few minutes before driving home since her eyes were watering so bad, so dd went back and i started talking to the girl. and just out of curiosity i asked why she decided to get her dd's ears pierced so young and this is what the girl said to me "my parents waited for me to decide when i wanted them done.....i ended up getting my first pair of earrings surgically removed, i dont want her to have to go through that so now i can monitor them while they heal" after that the piercer called me back...but seriously because SHE had a bad experiance she pierced her dd's ears that young......i will never understand that

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM

bump

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
10 moms liked this
At least she did it the proper way instead of with a gun.
kysmama08
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I had my daughters pierced at 6 months.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you ask her that?  It was her decision and millions of Moms make the same one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM

There thousands of women who believe in getting baby's ears pierced for that very reason, but i just don't believe that babies need jewelry. personally, I think it looks ridiculous.

Emmasmommy52212
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Thats why im not getting my daughters ears pierced until she old enough to care for them herself. Ive had my pierced 3 times, and in a week im in so much pain i have to take them out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Isn't that why we all make the choices we do tho? Based on our own experience?
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I had my ears pierced that young and they are perfect. I decided to get another hole in each ear above my first when I was seven........they got really infected, probably because I didn't take care of them correctly. They hurt when I slept on my sides and I ended up taking them out. Those holes are closed! I don't see the big deal.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

My daughter's ears were pierced at 6 months. At least she had it done properly

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

none of your business

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)