Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh god....WTF!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i went into the tattoo/piercing parlor with my 18 yo dd,she wanted her nose pierced and i wanted another hole in my ears so we went and there was a girl who didnt look more then 2 years older then my dd with a toddler and a new born girl(probably a month or 2 old) the piercer asked for the girls ID and i heard him so "oh good your 21 i thought you were 16" and he started laughing(this place was quiet,its a little gem that i found a while ago) anyway so i hear the guy say "so what are you in for?" the girl says "well i want my nose pierced twice (shows him picture of someone who has it) and i want to get her ears pierced if thats ok"  i hear the piercer say "sure!" and takes them into the back room, a few minutes later i hear the baby whimper and i just cringed, it took about 25 minutes for them to finish. the piercer told the mom to sit and wait a few minutes before driving home since her eyes were watering so bad, so dd went back and i started talking to the girl. and just out of curiosity i asked why she decided to get her dd's ears pierced so young and this is what the girl said to me "my parents waited for me to decide when i wanted them done.....i ended up getting my first pair of earrings surgically removed, i dont want her to have to go through that so now i can monitor them while they heal" after that the piercer called me back...but seriously because SHE had a bad experiance she pierced her dd's ears that young......i will never understand that

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (101-106):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM
My friend has been a nurse for 5 years and hasn't seen one case yet!

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

a lot of the kids i see have gone to an actual peircer, so no its not because shes young

I bet...so what do you do at the hospital exactly? Because I see you have not so good spelling?

im a nurse, and just because i type like this on here (where i dont give a damn) doesnt mean its the same when i work

uh huh...now you see, spelling is very important in my job...It's usually a part of the grade ;-) but I know a few nurses and I have never heard them express this large number of infected baby piercings and I live in an area of quite blinged out babies. Maybe this shop is gross?

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I couldn't do it. But know many who do. It's cute on them

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My friend who is a nurse...got one herself lol...it was her cartlidge and it was from hairspray. She had a moment...but she hasn't seen someone else with one lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend has been a nurse for 5 years and hasn't seen one case yet!

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

a lot of the kids i see have gone to an actual peircer, so no its not because shes young

I bet...so what do you do at the hospital exactly? Because I see you have not so good spelling?

im a nurse, and just because i type like this on here (where i dont give a damn) doesnt mean its the same when i work

uh huh...now you see, spelling is very important in my job...It's usually a part of the grade ;-) but I know a few nurses and I have never heard them express this large number of infected baby piercings and I live in an area of quite blinged out babies. Maybe this shop is gross?

LucyHarper
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Her child, it's just a pair of earrings, nothing that's going to permanently influence the child's life, its really none of your business. 

kymom23
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM
So that means that this mom is going to be the same way? I still don't see the issue. If you are going to argue against infant ear piercing, then do you argue against male infant circumcision? It's body modification against his will.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kymom23:

And? Her mother can care for hers until they are healed. I'm not seeing the issue here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mind your own,  you and your child were both there getting extra holes in your heads too!

yeah but we can care for them ourselves

i see many many kids come in with infections because their parents couldnt keep up with the piercings

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Good question! Well, OP?

Quoting kymom23:

So that means that this mom is going to be the same way? I still don't see the issue. If you are going to argue against infant ear piercing, then do you argue against male infant circumcision? It's body modification against his will.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kymom23:

And? Her mother can care for hers until they are healed. I'm not seeing the issue here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mind your own,  you and your child were both there getting extra holes in your heads too!

yeah but we can care for them ourselves

i see many many kids come in with infections because their parents couldnt keep up with the piercings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured