Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wants to take my daughter?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies

Okay ladies, I have no friends so I have nobody else to turn to to ask advice from. I'm hoping you guys can give me some opinions and advice. Okay so Im a SAHM, have been for 6 years. I have two kids, a son who is 5 years old and about to start elementary school and a daughter who is 16 months who I SAH with everyday full time. I am not married to the childrens father but we live together and have been together for 8 years. Things are not working out between us and we are looking to split up.

I need to start working, I only have 5 years job experience and I do have a degree and graduated from college with an AA. I am looking to go back to school for CNA and then obtain a job. My problem is that I live in GA and my mother lives in Florida and she wants to keep my 16 month old for 6 months to a YEAR while I get my life on track and go back to school, start working..I don't think I could handle being away from my daughter for that amount of time! I can't really afford to put her in daycare and work. I would just be working to put her through school and wouldn't get anywhere...

What would you do in this situation?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Um no way. I could never do that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't do it. My mom did this to "help" me and then tried taking guardianship of my daylight claiming I abandoned her
two4one
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Move to Florida.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Could you move to FL to be closer to your mom?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM
6 moms liked this

I would move to Florida and get your RN, not your CNA.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Without having a job Im a little scared to move to FL and not have anything to fall back on. 

It's real expensive to live there.

Quoting two4one:

Move to Florida.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM
No f'ing way. You can take care of your daughter and work. I'm divorced and I do it every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I don't have the money to go to school for RN.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I would move to Florida and get your RN, not your CNA.

1likeme
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Look into daycare assistance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Absolutely not. Leaving your children for that long only hurts you in court, you'll never get them back. Your mother will become attached, they will see her as a mother figure and she will fight to keep them. The judge will see you as a negligent mother who abandoned them and they'll be gone. Don't do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)