Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wants to take my daughter?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay ladies, I have no friends so I have nobody else to turn to to ask advice from. I'm hoping you guys can give me some opinions and advice. Okay so Im a SAHM, have been for 6 years. I have two kids, a son who is 5 years old and about to start elementary school and a daughter who is 16 months who I SAH with everyday full time. I am not married to the childrens father but we live together and have been together for 8 years. Things are not working out between us and we are looking to split up.

I need to start working, I only have 5 years job experience and I do have a degree and graduated from college with an AA. I am looking to go back to school for CNA and then obtain a job. My problem is that I live in GA and my mother lives in Florida and she wants to keep my 16 month old for 6 months to a YEAR while I get my life on track and go back to school, start working..I don't think I could handle being away from my daughter for that amount of time! I can't really afford to put her in daycare and work. I would just be working to put her through school and wouldn't get anywhere...

What would you do in this situation?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Replies (201-206):
MorganTho
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM
When you complete 1 year of nursing school you can work as a CNA and sometimes a PCT

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have the money to go to school for RN.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I would move to Florida and get your RN, not your CNA.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on May. 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I stopped using swype cause of that. Lol

Drives me batty

Quoting Anonymous:

Daughter...swipe :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Daylight?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't do it. My mom did this to "help" me and then tried taking guardianship of my daylight claiming I abandoned her

Grnyann65
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I'd either figure out a way to keep my children with me while I did what I had to do, or I would stay where I was at.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on May. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Why does she want your youngest and not your oldest?

What makes you think she wants to take your youngest away?

Why just your youngest? Why not both?

Quoting Anonymous:

I know. But she's not getting her so I don't have to worry about that.

Quoting emeraldangel20:

it doesn't matter. the courts will see it as you abandoning your daughter if she wanted to get them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be signing over my rights to her or anything.

Quoting RoryPond:

This, see if mom will take all three of you but don't give up your baby

Quoting two4one:

Move to Florida.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Nope I would never leave my kid with someone for that long. It would hurt her so much for you toleave her. She is at the age where she would basically feel abandoned. Then when you took her back it would hurt her again to once again take her from everthing she knows. Not only that, but I have heard too many stories about the grandparents deciding they do not want to give the child back, and then there are all sorts of problems. I wold get on public assistance ifI had to. Find a cheap place to live, get help with daycare, ask friends to babysit, find a free head start program, etc. I would do whatever it took to always have my kids. Also make sure you get child support. And why would your SO even let your mom take the child? In most cases if the mother could not provide, then the father would at least take the kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Because my oldest son is in school here (pre-k) and will be starting elementary school here in August.

She wants to raise my youngest I think because she has always made comments how she could just "raise" her up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does she want your youngest and not your oldest?

What makes you think she wants to take your youngest away?

Why just your youngest? Why not both?

Quoting Anonymous:

I know. But she's not getting her so I don't have to worry about that.

Quoting emeraldangel20:

it doesn't matter. the courts will see it as you abandoning your daughter if she wanted to get them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be signing over my rights to her or anything.

Quoting RoryPond:

This, see if mom will take all three of you but don't give up your baby

Quoting two4one:

Move to Florida.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)