Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

step / half siblings

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 75 Replies

Do you have step siblings or half siblings?

If so, are they older or younger?

are you close to them?

What side of your family are they from?

What about your children...do they have step/half- siblings?

My youngest daughter just asked about the term "half-sister" today my youngest two are "full"siblings but my older two are "half-sisters" (with each other and with my younger two). They treat each other as sisters in every way and were all raised together. They also have a step-sister but we didn't know about her until recently (my dh's daughter from a previous relationship--he just found out about here and she is 15). So they don't have any relationship with her.

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Yes and yes and were not close there younger and from my dads side and my so has three kids.from previous marriages so Lucy has three half siblings :)
RJC78
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM

My dad has two kids from his first marriage.  I was really close to my sister but she refuses to talk to me now because I have a better relationship with her daughter and grandchild than she does.  I'm pretty close to my brother though.  They're biologically half siblings but in my mind they are full.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM
My mom remarried so I have a half sister who is 17 years younger than me
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4 half brothers and sisters. They are my brothers and sisters. That's that.
leakymommy
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
All of my siblings are "half". I hate that term. They are my siblings. Period. If I ever hear that come fromm one of my kids mouth or sdd mouth I will bring out the soap.
Pink.Sunshine.
Taking a well needed break.
Yesterday at 1:32 AM
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I don't have any half siblings. I have no idea where my biological male parent is or if he had kids after abandoning his 3 daughters after the divorce. I have have 2 awesome full blood sisters though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a half brother that is 13 years older than me.  My dad was married before and had a child then got divorced and a few years later met my mom and married her.  My mom made sure that my dad was involved in his sons life while growing up.  I even call my dad's ex Aunt, that's how close we all are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

they are technically half though regardless of whether you like the term or not. They're not your full blood siblings.

Quoting leakymommy:

All of my siblings are "half". I hate that term. They are my siblings. Period. If I ever hear that come fromm one of my kids mouth or sdd mouth I will bring out the soap.

melisawoosley
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Yes i have half siblings. I am the only child on my mom's side. I have an older sister and a younger sister and brother all on my dad's side. I have a good relationship with my sisters and my brother is a teenager and uninterested, so i just leave him be. Btw Im 25 and didn't meet them until 2011
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I don't think the term has to be negative...from a biological stand-point it is just a fact of life. If, in the future, genetic histories are needed orsomething like that it is just a reality. Not positive or negative.

Quoting leakymommy:

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured