Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Garage Sale Help!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm having a garage sale this weekend and I need help pricing items. They are kid's clothes and gently used, no stains, and known brands like Osh Kosh and Carters and Children's Place. Also, some of my clothes (American Eagle, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Banana Republic, and Ralph Lauren brands) and shoes (worn like once).

So I just need opinions on what you might spend on stuff in brands like I mentioned above on items such as: a pair of jeans/overalls, onesies, t-shirts and long sleeve shirts, shoes, sweaters, and full outfits and dresses?

Just need some base prices to go on. This is my first time doing a garage sale, so if you have any other advice for me feel free! Thanks! 

by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
No advice wish I could go to buy! Lol
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

kids clothes 50 cents each

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Price over what you want for the item. People WILL haggle and most will just not buy anything if they can't talk you down.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on May. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I always did 50 cents for shorts, 75 cents for shirts, 1.00 for pants. If there was something particulary name brand or in brand-new condition-1.50-2 dollars. People will haggle too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids clothes for $.50 and a $1.00 or o for whole outfits,  it doesn't matter what brand they are it's a garage sale!

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM

50 to $1.50

Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM
If you have baby girls clothes in willing to buy?!
armywifey26
by Krissy on May. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I hate going to garage sales and see any clothing priced higher than a dollar or 2. Kids clothing 50 cents or less. Shoes I have never paid over a couple bucks a pair. 

enlightened_24
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM

What size you need? I have tons, I give them away. We get a lot of kid clothes, and when we dont need them we give to whoever needs it.

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
4months and up all I have left is three months and there getting short and tight so I'm starting to hit consignment shops lol but the pickings are slim

Quoting enlightened_24:

What size you need? I have tons, I give them away. We get a lot of kid clothes, and when we dont need them we give to whoever needs it.

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN