Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O real men!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
So apparently to be a real man you must be dominant and tough?

That's almost as stupid as saying a real woman needs to have curves.

No. A real man has a penis and a real woman has a vagina. That's it. Anything else has to do with their personality or body shape--not their gender.
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Well as I found out yesterday from a post here real men do not mind if their son wears sparkly purple nail polish. *shrugs*

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

True Story. 

LOL

My husband tends to be more submissive, and I was reading that post thinking "huh. never knew he wasn't a real man....he was certainly real enough to get me pregnant twice...."

firespurity
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I agree I think gender roles are horrible ways to treat people. We're all human.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Same with my dh. I'm an aggressive person, I don't think I could have married an aggressive man. We would have had too many conflicts.

Quoting sissyboogs:

True Story. 

LOL

My husband tends to be more submissive, and I was reading that post thinking "huh. never knew he wasn't a real man....he was certainly real enough to get me pregnant twice...."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM
3 moms liked this

where is ducky to disprove your "real men have a penis comment" lol

but personally to me a real man is dominant and tough. if you're girly you're not manly enough for me. but that's  just to me. the definition of a real man is subjective

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on May. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I don't think submissive=girly.

I think a lot of metrosexual men are more girly than my husband is.

a real man is all about how well they treat their spouse. my man is quiet and gentle by nature. but I couldn't ask for  better :)

Quoting Anonymous:

but personally to me a real man is dominant and tough. if you're girly you're not manly enough for me. but that's  just to me. the definition of a real man is subjective

lilbit53009
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM

like i said...the definition of a real man is subjective

what a real man is to me is probably totally different than what a real man is to you. and hence why we're not all married to the same men! lol

Quoting zomgkerrie:

a real man is all about how well they treat their spouse. my man is quiet and gentle by nature. but I couldn't ask for  better :)

Quoting Anonymous:

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on May. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM

sorry-I was just trying to add constructively to the debate! I did like your comment about how it was all subjective:) And I do think that sometimes you like different things at different points in your life-and also I didn't always go for 'more submissive' men. I always dated more 'rough and tough' men before lol. One worked at Harley, another owned a Construction Company-so my husband is the first man to be outside of that box for me. Sometimes it's funny how that works out :)

Quoting lilbit53009:

like i said...the definition of a real man is subjective

what a real man is to me is probably totally different than what a real man is to you. and hence why we're not all married to the same men! lol

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Quoting Anonymous:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Same here. Dh is very laid back

Quoting Devious333:

Same with my dh. I'm an aggressive person, I don't think I could have married an aggressive man. We would have had too many conflicts.

Quoting sissyboogs:

True Story. 

LOL

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on May. 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured