Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the hell is, "business casual"? *edit*

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband has a work party in a couple weeks. The invite says business casual. Im a jeans and t shirt kind of girl. I dont own a dress. I have one nice dressy kind of shirt, its a bit small, and a pair of dark wash jeans. Thats really it. Will that fly? Am i resigned to slacks or a dress? Neither of which i have, or am willing to buy.

Thank you ladies. I am not going to go out and buy anything for this party. Well, not anything ill wear once. I guess im rocking jeans and embarrassing my husband or not going.

That last line of my immature edit was a smart ass statement. I will be going, and i will be wearing my dark jeans with a dressy top and jewelry and heels. Of course ill do my hair and make up. That will be my effort. Im sorry i just dont want to go out and buy something i dont feel i will wear enough to warrent buying it.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Dress clothing, but not suits and ties. For men, dress pants, dress shirt. For women, nice skirt or dress pants, and a blouse. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Business casual would be like a pair of slacks or khakis and a decent shirt.  Not jeans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No jeans. Time for new clothes. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM

nope, jeans are casual, not business casual

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Business casual is not a suit but not jeans.  Most offices daily attire is business casual these days.  I wouldn't wear jeans.  I would buy some pants or a dress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Not jeans. Slacks or khakis and a nice dress shirt or a polo type shirt with a collar.

LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Dress pants and a nice shirt or blouse and some nice shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM

black slacks and a dress shirt.. nice office type clothes but not full 3 peice suits - balck slacks a nice shirt and a blazer

im_not_trollin
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Slacks or skirts or plain dresses.... no sportcoats... Basically a pants suit with no jacket...

Kristen.Marie
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
No jeans, tees, or sneakers/flip flops.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)