Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess he just doesn't want to marry me :(

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 62 Replies

Ok so Ive seen a few post about the boyfriends not wanting to make the commitment. I mean why buy the milk when the cow is free right? Well me and mine have been together for about 4 years. We have 1 son together and he raises my other 2 kids. They call him dad. This guy that I am with is just simply amazing! He works all the time (he's in oilfield) he comes home to me every day, he shows me he loves me in a ton of ways. He gives his entire paycheck to me and the kids, He bought a truck for me, he lets me buy whatever I need and NEVER complains about money. He is so very affectionate, sweet, caring for others. He would do anything for someone in need. He treats me so well. Ok well here is my issue. He bought me a wedding ring set a few months ago and got my hopes waaaay up. He still hasn't asked me to marry him. I didn't get upset until I started seeing everyone in my life moving in different directions with their life. I wanted a baby, but my bestfriend got pregnant. I wanted a propsal, my brother and his gf are getting married in a few months and she might be pregnant too, and I was like, Im at home with 3 kids 24/7, going to college, doing the housewife crap, but I dont even have a ring on my finger???? I asked him and he said "I wanted to give you a house first" I gave him an ultimatum.... I am not waiting a yr before you propose!!! It caused many big fights. He finally said "chill out, I was gonna ask you in the summer!" I dont think its gonna happen. But I dont want to split up just because I can't get married right now. Ugh please give me advice. I have never been bashed or been treated rudley on this website, so take it easy on me ladies. Thanks for reading... Any questions, just ask

by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM
5 moms liked this
Dh and I were together 7 years before getting married

you can't define your relationship based on what other people are doing in their lives
pmsforlife
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM
So true! I need to remember this

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

you can't define your relationship based on what other people are doing in their lives

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I went through a rough time
I had dd1 and should have been graduating.
I just kinda talked to dh about it and he reminded me the same.
It will happen in time
I wanted to be married before we had more kids. For engage on Christmas '10 and married 9/10/11 :-)

Quoting pmsforlife:

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

sampson200
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Stop bringing it up.

You've told him your piece.....he knows.

In his mind, you're 'ruining' his upcoming proposal.

pmsforlife
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
He loves me, I guess that's all that matters.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I went through a rough time

I had dd1 and should have been graduating.

I just kinda talked to dh about it and he reminded me the same.

It will happen in time

I wanted to be married before we had more kids. For engage on Christmas '10 and married 9/10/11 :-)

Quoting pmsforlife:

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

pmsforlife
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh gosh you are right.... Just need to stop pushing

Quoting sampson200:

Stop bringing it up.

You've told him your piece.....he knows.

In his mind, you're 'ruining' his upcoming proposal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Your practically married already and me and my dh took 8 yrs to get married ...and we have been married 10 so yes it can happen.
pmsforlife
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I know. I just hate being so... impatient

Quoting Anonymous:

Your practically married already and me and my dh took 8 yrs to get married ...and we have been married 10 so yes it can happen.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't let a ring throw away this awesome relationship you seem to have.  I understand the "want" to get married but he seems like a great great man and they are HARD to find.  Wait it out, he bought the rings, it's already a giant step. wait for the proposal.  If by fall it didn't happen then talk to him again but be patient.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Stop pushing it. You will feel like shit and continue questioning your relationship if you MAKE him propose. Seriously. You need to leave this alone. He is completely devoted to you. Just do what you're doing. And stay calm!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured