Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i being unreasonable

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
so dh is going away for a bachelor party this weekend. Its supposed to be thursdat-sunday but with mothers day being sunday hes coming home saturday evening.

We have 2 kids, 4 years and 4 weeks on thursday. Our 4 week old doesnt sleep for shit fyi. He thinks its ok to leave at 7 am on thursday and not leave to come home until midday saturday getting home around dinner time. I think thats a bit excessive. The place is only 3 hrs away. Not everyone is going thursday just some of the guys. Rest coming frday. Hes the only o.e going with kids but the groom is just excited he can go for the two days. Honestly the groon would understand if he aaid he couldnt go considering we have a newborn.

I told him id be totally fine with leaving at noon on thursday cause that gives me a chance to sleep in a little plus have him to help get the girls situated and not run out the door the second i wake up. He feels thats unreasonable because hes driving 4 of his friends woth him and they wabt to leave early. Welk im sorry thats not my problem. If youre the one driving cant you say listen!"**** is gunna be home for 2 days with no help, shes sick (which i am i ave an awesome sinus infection and still recovering from a c section) plus ****** doesnt sleep so im gunna leave at 12" whys that so hard!? His friends need to understand.

I realize i sound a little bitchy but A) im still hormonal and B) when he told me he was coming home saturday his first thing was "but just so you know im not waking up and coming straight home" so my whole thing is why do you have to wake up and run straight there?!??

Ughhh i guess im just venting. Forgive any errors im on my phone
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Either tell him he can't go, and be that women, or get over it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Its like he thinks hes doing me a favor coming home saturdat....no youre actually doing what a good husband would do
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
3 moms liked this
So is this a Mother's Day thing or a can't handle my own kids thing?
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
8 moms liked this
I'd knock him out. Leaving me with a sinus infection, a four year old, and a newborn?? I wasn't even done bleeding at that point with any of my kids. Dh would have come home to his shit on the lawn and the locks changed.
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally would not be okay with that at all. I'd allow him to be gone during the day for a while, but he'd need to be home at night to help me get the kids situated.
You JUST had a fucking c-section, how can you possibly do everything alone??
That's unfair.

This is a time when family comes first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you have any friends or family that could come stay with you a few hours each day to help ? The saying a happy mommy makes a happy family is the same with dads. He also needs to be happy.

Smile and let him go. Plenty of women have their s/o or husbands gone working for weeks, years sometimes with no help.

You can work this out without both of you being miserable about it.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have a problem with him going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM

A two day bach party would NEVER happen, ever....so I don't think your being unreasonable. My husband didn't go on a one(over) night bach party because hes married, not single. The girls that will be there whether from the club, bar or paid make it a decline for the married men in my book! 

spunky946
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
It's a couple of days. Let him have his fun.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I would tell him to go. And not to bother coming back Sunday and take you and the kids to a nice hotel with a pool for the weekend
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured