Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am i being unreasonable

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
so dh is going away for a bachelor party this weekend. Its supposed to be thursdat-sunday but with mothers day being sunday hes coming home saturday evening.

We have 2 kids, 4 years and 4 weeks on thursday. Our 4 week old doesnt sleep for shit fyi. He thinks its ok to leave at 7 am on thursday and not leave to come home until midday saturday getting home around dinner time. I think thats a bit excessive. The place is only 3 hrs away. Not everyone is going thursday just some of the guys. Rest coming frday. Hes the only o.e going with kids but the groom is just excited he can go for the two days. Honestly the groon would understand if he aaid he couldnt go considering we have a newborn.

I told him id be totally fine with leaving at noon on thursday cause that gives me a chance to sleep in a little plus have him to help get the girls situated and not run out the door the second i wake up. He feels thats unreasonable because hes driving 4 of his friends woth him and they wabt to leave early. Welk im sorry thats not my problem. If youre the one driving cant you say listen!"**** is gunna be home for 2 days with no help, shes sick (which i am i ave an awesome sinus infection and still recovering from a c section) plus ****** doesnt sleep so im gunna leave at 12" whys that so hard!? His friends need to understand.

I realize i sound a little bitchy but A) im still hormonal and B) when he told me he was coming home saturday his first thing was "but just so you know im not waking up and coming straight home" so my whole thing is why do you have to wake up and run straight there?!??

Ughhh i guess im just venting. Forgive any errors im on my phone
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (161-166):
Lorik1969
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM
How is going to a party not respecting your marriage. I would say a lack of trust is more disrespectful. What's the difference between a 2 day beach party and a night at the bar? If you want to cheat you will. You don't need 2 days at the beach for that to happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Has absolutely nothing to do w/ trust. It has to do with not purposely putting yourself in inappropriate situations as a married person. I see.  Your husband doesn't respect your marriage.

If your husband would spend overnight partying with other women while your at home with the kids I'm sorry for you. Mine said no :) But keep telling yourself you have the "trust," so it makes it ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

I see. You don't trust your husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

A two day bach party would NEVER happen, ever....so I don't think your being unreasonable. My husband didn't go on a one(over) night bach party because hes married, not single. The girls that will be there whether from the club, bar or paid make it a decline for the married men in my book! 

emeraldangel20
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

if it's her first c section she could still be healing. I was at that point with mine. C sections take at least 6-8 weeks to heal.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

A sinus infection isn't a big deal. A c sec that's a month old?

Quoting happymomma13:

She has a sinus infection and just got a c-section and has a difficult newborn. Is that really being unable to handle kids??

I'm not seeing your reasoning. And I really don't think you're a super mom.

Super moms can understand the struggle, you don't sound like you even have a clue.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

So is this a Mother's Day thing or a can't handle my own kids thing?

Rebecca-viaaaa

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on May. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Sounds like he wants to escape :/

IndigoRose
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

It would be different if you didn't have a fussy one month old, a sinus infection and were recovering from a C section.  I think you need his help, or someone's help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I think a 3 day long bachelor party is stupid and it sounds like grown men playing around when they should just have the party and go home. So no, I don't think you're being unreasonable. Your husband needs to be an adult, have his guy time and come back to help with the family he helped create.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I wouldn't be very happy about him going.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN