Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh wants me to be looking for a job. I'm currently a sahm, have been for a few years. I don't mind going back to work, and I understand the need for the cushion of extra money that my check would bring. But here's my problem. I'm not sure how to make it work. There are two child care centers in my immediate area, both of which would cost more than I could hope to bring on per month for both kids. I've briefly looked into a baby sitter /nanny type thing, but again, they want per hour what I'm probably going to be making per hour. I'm still looking into baby sitters, maybe someone I know could point me in the right direction....I'll see. Its really my only option. I can't work opposite Dh and I can't rely on family for child care.
how do you ladies that work make it work and actually bring home a check?

I feel like I need to get this squared away before I start applying to places. It would look bad to walk into an interview with no clue about what my situation is going to be, right?

Ds will be starting kinder in the fall, hopefully full day. So then Im hoping maybe I can find something during schools hours, but is that even realistic? This is really stressing me out! I need advice if you have any, please.
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (11-14):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Why can't you work an opposite shift? I did that for 2 years and it worked out perfect. Now my son goes to an in-home daycare during the day which is about $120 per week. I think that works out to be sround $3.00 per hour. Look for an in-home daycare. Most daycares around here are $5.00+ per hour. In bigger cities it's closer to $10 per hour. Daycare rates are ridiculous.

mich.el.le
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM

BUMP!

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Dh is an otr trucker, gone a month at a time

Quoting Anonymous:

Why can't you work an opposite shift? I did that for 2 years and it worked out perfect. Now my son goes to an in-home daycare during the day which is about $120 per week. I think that works out to be sround $3.00 per hour. Look for an in-home daycare. Most daycares around here are $5.00+ per hour. In bigger cities it's closer to $10 per hour. Daycare rates are ridiculous.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Thanks

Quoting mich.el.le:

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured