Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The judge is so... wrong!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 19 Replies
So I'm bored and sitting here watching court TV.
It was these 2 college kids who were roommates. The one lost his cell phone so he borrowed his roommates phone. Turns out he wad calling his girlfriend in Ireland. The guy normally has an $80 bill but after several calls to Ireland from his roommate the bill was $490!!

The judge found in favor of the defendant (he wasn't made to pay any charges) all because three owner of the cell phone didn't specifically say not to make long distance calls.

That seems wrong to me. If I let someone borrow my phone I have to specifically "oh don't call Ireland. I'm not covered." It think the roommate should of had to pay for the oveages.

Anybody else think this is wrong?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Well, the owner should have specified.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM

No. I always ask if someone wants to use my phone, is it local, because otherwise assholes will make calls like that, and cost me a fortune.

TCup18
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Really? You don't think the defendant should of at least asked if it was ok before racked up over $300 in charges?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, the owner should have specified.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
That is some bs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM

i think that was wrong on so many levels, he should of been made to pay at least half since he made the calls, the owner of the phone shouldnt have to tell him that he couldnt make certain calls.

TCup18
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I guess I just can't see people borrowing someones phone and making long distance calls without adding the owner.

This guy knew what he was doing and didn't even ask. Plus it was multiple calls.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I always ask if someone wants to use my phone, is it local, because otherwise assholes will make calls like that, and cost me a fortune.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on May. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I think what he did was rude!
TCup18
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I guess from now on of someone borrows my phone I beret tell them not to call Ireland.

Quoting Anonymous:

i think that was wrong on so many levels, he should of been made to pay at least half since he made the calls, the owner of the phone shouldnt have to tell him that he couldnt make certain calls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM

If the owner of the phone KNEW he was calling ireland then its his own fucking fault for letting him do it anyway, and do it multiple times.

Quoting TCup18:

I guess I just can't see people borrowing someones phone and making long distance calls without adding the owner.

This guy knew what he was doing and didn't even ask. Plus it was multiple calls.

Quoting Anonymous:

TCup18
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM
No sorry I was taking about the roommate. He knew his calls would cost the owner but never said anything. That's just wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

If the owner of the phone KNEW he was calling ireland then its his own fucking fault for letting him do it anyway, and do it multiple times.

Quoting TCup18:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)