Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all you lazy ass moms... Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
12 moms liked this

If your child is in a daycare and the teacher asks you to bring something in for your child....do it!!!  If your child's teacher asks you to bring in diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, a blanket, a cup or anything else that your child uses daily, BRING IT IN!!!  There's no reason that a parent shouldn't be providing these things for their kid.  To me, when I ask you for these things and you can't be bothered to bring the stuff in, it tells me that you don't really care that much about your own kid, and that's sad.

Oh, and don't bitch about us asking you for a pack of diapers a week after you've brought some in if you're only bringing in a pack of 30.  At the daycare center I work in, we have to change every child AT LEAST every two hours (obviously more if they have a BM).  If your child is there 10 hours a day (which most are), that's 25 diapers a week, not including BMs.  That means that your child is out of diapers.  It also means that, if you don't bring more diapers in, I'll have to use someone else's diapers for your child, which isn't fair to the other parent, who is ACTUALLY responsible and brings in the stuff that their child needs.  

Obviously, I work in a daycare center.  This is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves!  Bring supplies for your child, you lazy POS!!!!  

Just to clarify:  forgetting stuff once in a while is COMPLETELY understandable.  I get that.  I forget stuff, too.  What isn't ok is not bringing things in EVERY TIME I ASK.  Literally every time the child needs something, I have to ask a specific parent MULTIPLE times to bring it.  In the meantime, the child has run out of diapers/wipes/whatever and I don't have extras.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM

BUMP!

MarylandMom123
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
5 moms liked this

I can see how that would be really frustrating!! You should have an carbon copy, itemized checklist that you give them each Friday stating what they need to bring in by Monday (that way you keep a copy too, as proof that you asked for the supplies). Give them one day's grace period in case they forget...then on Tuesday start a NEW checklist of any supplies they've had to "borrow" and CHARGE them double for it! Especially if you're a daycare center, you need to have a strict policy! I know centers that charge you by the MINUTE if you pick your child up late, so you certainly should be able to charge if parents are neglectful with supplies!

cupcake_mom
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

why the need to bump so much?

cupcake_mom
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM

they can only charge if it is stated in the orginal contract they signed when they brought their kids there.

Quoting MarylandMom123:

I can see how that would be really frustrating!! You should have an carbon copy, itemized checklist that you give them each Friday stating what they need to bring in by Monday (that way you keep a copy too, as proof that you asked for the supplies). Give them one day's grace period in case they forget...then on Tuesday start a NEW checklist of any supplies they've had to "borrow" and CHARGE them double for it! Especially if you're a daycare center, you need to have a strict policy! I know centers that charge you by the MINUTE if you pick your child up late, so you certainly should be able to charge if parents are neglectful with supplies!

smurfbitebug
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with what you're saying. I just disagree with how you're saying it. You can't assume a parent is lazy just because of these actions (or inactions, as the case may be) You can say they aren't taking their responsibilities in this area seriously enough. However, you may want to explain it to them exactly how you just explained it to us. Without the attitude, of course. Some parents may think you have these supplies at hand, and have room in the budget for these supplies. Being a daycare, and all.

rachel_35
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
You have to change them every two hours even if not wet?
AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM

How come you don't have diapers there already?

I mean, I understand your frusteration, but if you work at a daycare, I think some supplies like diapers, wipes, ect are all things you should have anyhow.

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I understand. As a mom, I hate to see that too! I always bring in extra for the other children, but it makes me sad that their parents won't do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)