Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm really sick of hearing about all these resentful working dads *eta

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 223 Replies
13 moms liked this

I'm so sick of hearing about all these husbands who resent their wives being sahm's. do they not realize the money that their wives are saving them by being at home with their kids? granted, if the sahm isn't pulling her weight (keeping the house clean, cooking, etc) I can understand. But generally speaking, get the fuck over it. quit bitching bc you are working and you're wife isn't. switch roles for a week...you'll be begging to get back to work!

ETA: ok, this post is not about working moms vs sahm's. nor is it about sahm's who do not pull their fair weight and responsibility so their dh's can work and not resent them. nor is it about whether moms make more money than they can save by working or save more money than they can make by working...

obviously no family is the same and there is no "one perfect family" scenario. each family should make choices together on wjat is best for their circumstances.

that being said, my only intent was that I was sick of reading posts where men did not appreciate the hard work that their wives do as sahm's...and resent them for not working... for whatever reason.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM

bump

ssocalgirl6
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM
11 moms liked this
All the working moms I know bring in a lot of money. They make more than a sahm saves.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM
This.

Quoting ssocalgirl6:

All the working moms I know bring in a lot of money. They make more than a sahm saves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
4 moms liked this

lucky for them, but that wouldn't be the case across the board

Quoting ssocalgirl6:

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't be with a man who resented me for being a SAHM.
lucydiamond
by LD on May. 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would probably be resentful if I had to work and my wife got to stay at home with the kids haha. But I am neither a man nor a lesbian. I will ALWAYS work but never a job that keeps me away from my kids for entire days at a time - I'm a professional doula and hope to be a midwife by the time I'm a mother. I don't understand how SAHMs just...stay at home. Kudos to them!

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I am a sahm mom and couldn't make more than I save. I only have a high school diploma and child care is expensive!

My dh loves me being at home because he says he couldn't do it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah my husband is one of them..I wish he'd stfu. By the time our youngest is in school full time I'll have my nursing degree and make more money than he does lol
Val99
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You are assuming the woman's salary would be less than her contribution to the family in the home.  

As an example, the woman could make 300k at her job outside the home, and spend 50k a year on daycare, maid service, etc.  That would be a net benefit of 250k a year to her family.  So now assume that mom decides to stay home instead of work outside the house.  That would be a net loss of 250k because she is performing the equivalent of 50k of work.

So she may not be saving them anything at all, unless she is quite low wage.

Quoting shabbalaquita:

I'm so sick of hearing about all these husbands who resent their wives being sahm's. do they not realize the money that their wives are saving them by being at home with their kids? granted, if the sahm isn't pulling her weight (keeping the house clean, cooking, etc) I can understand. But generally speaking, get the fuck over it. quit bitching bc you are working and you're wife isn't. switch roles for a week...you'll be begging to get back to work!

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM
9 moms liked this

I'm tired of hearing about whiny man-bitches in general.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured