Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am def. going to lose some friends off of facebook with what I wrote.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 288 Replies
18 moms liked this

A friend put up that her friend was starting a petition to ensure the body of the bomber from the Boston marathon would not be allowed to be buried on American soil. While I get why she wants this, I don't agree. Here is what I wrote to my facebook.

Okay, I totally understand that what happened at Boston Marathon was a horrible terrible awful tragedy. I get that. I'm not disputing that in any way shape or form. It was horrible. It never should have happened. My heart goes out to every person who was hurt, to every family member or friend who lost a loved one. It was just awful. However, and many of you may disagree with this, and that's okay, but I also feel badly for the mother and the father, and the other family members of the bombers themselves. That is not to be mistaken for feeling bad for the two brothers who did this horrible awful sickening thing. They did the wrong thing, and there is absolutely no good reasoning or excuses for what they did. But, as a mother myself, I could not imagine losing your children, both of them under such horrible circumstances. The family had nothing to do with this. They didn't raise their children to be this way, I am quite sure of that. Yet, I see people blaming the family, hating the mother for refusing to believe what her children were capable of, etc. And I say losing them both because the family has lost them both. No matter what you think, one son is dead, the other will not see the light of day outside of a prison cell. So both of them are basically dead. As Mother's day approaches, I don't think it is right to punish the mother or the father of the dead son. They had nothing to do with what happened. And I truly believe they raised their children to be better and that is why they are refusing to comprehend what their children did. Not allowing the family to have closure, not allowing them any place to bury the dead son, is not punishing the son at all. He can't be punished, he's dead. I am pretty certain he does not care at all what happens to his body, he's gone. But the mother and the father, should be allowed to mourn. They should be allowed to grieve, just like everyone who knew someone or loved someone who got hurt or killed at the marathon. And most importantly, they should be allowed to bury their son. The son also has a little daughter. She may one day want to go to her father's grave to grieve. Even though what he did was terrible, she is just a small child, and all she will remember is how he tickled her or played with her or hugged her, just like any small child would remember a parent, no matter what kind of monster he truly was. I think we are all blaming the wrong people, when it comes to blaming their families. Fighting over where he is buried is sort of a moot point, don't you think? it doesn't change the unbelievable sorrow the nation is feeling, it doesn't make anything any better, and it just makes things worse. Just my opinion. We should be more worried about helping the families who were affected by this terrible tragedy, instead of worrying about where a body is going to be buried. Thanks for listening, feel free to disagree with me if you want. But at least think about it first.

Man, this is NOT the most popular post ever. I know it. I am going to lose some friends. And I am sorry but this is seriously how I feel.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommie_to_Bee
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:43 PM
7 moms liked this
I agree with you.
catrig
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM
10 moms liked this

I agree.  He's dead.  Why punish the family?

LoveMyKBabies
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I agree. Let them be buried here. Their family should be able to grieve without backlash. Those men were cute little babies/toddlers/children once too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see why anyone would delete you as a freind over it. Its your opinion. We all have different ones.
BabyBoy080112
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I can kinda agree with that...but another thing that gets me thinking is...why would they do something like that, if they were raised not to? It may not be the parents' fault for the bombing, but maybe for their sons' ways of thinking?

IDK...If that even made sense...?

Ayshren
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Exactly...if someone deletes you over having a different opinion, they werent a really good friend to begin with and you wouldnt be losing much.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see why anyone would delete you as a freind over it. Its your opinion. We all have different ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM

You can't change anyone's opinion. That's what I tell my daughter all the time. My son says dudettes are boys and she and my son fight over it. I tell her she's right but she cannot change what he thinks. If you lose friends then they aren't real friends. 

TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I agree completely. At this point the family is all that will suffer by not allowing him to be buried. These monsters were still little boys who at one time or another had wiggly teeth and a favorite stuffed toy who wanted that one last glass of water and just one more story before bed. Those are the memories that the parents will cling to when they lie awake wondering where they went wrong. Why make their suffering any greater?
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't agree with you but I don't always agree with my friends either and I certainly would not decide to no longer be their friend because of a difference of opinion. If your friends do, they are intolerant and not such great friends to begin with.

mayalove
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I also agree with u
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN