Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you? Could you? Surrogacy. UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
I am considering being a surrogate for a friend and her husband. Using my egg and his sperm. If you were able, would you? Could you?

Update: We're going ahead with it. We've discussed it (in length) and we're going to start consulting with our doctor (we both have the same obgyn) and a lawyer. We're hoping to do the insemination sometime between October and November.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I couldn't. While it is a wonderful thing, it takes a special person to do it. Good for you. 

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM

For a close friend or family memeber. I use to want to do for someone but after having my own kids I know it would be very hard to carry a child and give it up.

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I would never use my eggs; but I could be a surrogate under the right circumstances. I have the "Dad" personality; I don't form attachments during pregnancy; I form it afterwards; holding the baby in my arms

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM
We're still in the very early stages of discussion. Nothing is iron clad or planned out yet. But I'm leaning more toward the "lets do it" side. I've had 3 completely healthy pregnancies and babies. She had uterine cancer & a complete hysterectomy @ 25. Dh is still pondering, as is her dh. We just kind of dropped it on them today. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't. While it is a wonderful thing, it takes a special person to do it. Good for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Then you wouldn`t be only a surrogate but an egg donor too. Surrogacy - I don`t mind. I wouldn`t donate my eggs to anyone. For me its equal to donnate my own child. You`ll have to see your child growing in another family. You`d better tell them to find another egg donor 

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I offered to be a surrogate for my brother and sister in law and my best friend and her husband. A close friend or family would probably be the only people I would do it for. Both of these couples have PCOS and my SIL has endometriosis on top of the PCOS. Both have been trying for over a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I couldn't and especially not using my own egg. I would grow too attached almost instantly. As much as I'd like to help a close friend or family member, I could just never part with the precious blessing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Even though they are friends; you need to make sure there is still a contract ; and you ahve talked about everything; from if they are ging to be in the delivery room with you; to who you'll be to  the child; and from who pays the bills to if they plan on telling family and friends or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

We're still in the very early stages of discussion. Nothing is iron clad or planned out yet. But I'm leaning more toward the "lets do it" side. I've had 3 completely healthy pregnancies and babies. She had uterine cancer & a complete hysterectomy @ 25. Dh is still pondering, as is her dh. We just kind of dropped it on them today. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

mrs.hartman12
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Maybe my sister, but thats it. 

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Id love to be a surrogate. I don't think I could donate the egg and carry the baby. Too close of an attachment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN