Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
What can i eat instead of meat
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
This is like saying that since I've never been in a car accident that they don't happen.

You realize this, don't you ?

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I have a very large family and know many other people as well and you talking shit doesnt bother me or change how i feel. How childish do you have to be to post anon and act so smart

Quoting Anonymous:

So, because you know a very small amount of people who (as far as you know ) got lucky enough not to have it negatively effect their babies, that discounts thousands of studies on millions of people?

You can't be serious. Wait, I'll bet your mom smoked when she was pregnant with you. That would explain everything. Lol

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Because everyone i know has smoked while pregnant and all had healthy babies

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone said science proves smoking is bad and you said you disagreed with science.

How can you disagree with facts?

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Yes and i never said i dont believe in science

Quoting Anonymous:

Aren't you the chick who said you don't believe in science and that smoking isnt harmful while pregnant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM

we really like to creamy veggie pasta.  check it out!!!  and also instead of using a peeler to make pasta like strips, I just run it through the slicing disk on my food processor (I'm lazy :) )  sorry you didn't get the help you were looking for from others.  I hope your meat aversion passes tho as switching to a vegetarian diet can be difficult and time consuming.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Thank you :) your the only one who actually stuck to my post and helped me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We like lemon baked tofu  Freeze tofu in it's package and it will give it a more meatlike texture (good stand in for chicken).  We cube it and double the marinade. There are a lot of good recipes out there, but it all depends on your taste preferences. you can also get two months worth of vegetarian meal ideas here  Protein is found in every food, but to make complete proteins, you need to combine different foods (i.e. beans and rice)  just do a little research.  It will not take longas there is a great deal of info available online

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Well im pregnant and meat makes me extremely nauseous so i need something else with protein

Quoting Anonymous:

what are you wanting to supplement?  Do you want meaty vegetarian substitutes or just meat free meals

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM
You just did a stupid comparison. What does my beliefs have anything to do with my post?

Quoting Anonymous:

This is like saying that since I've never been in a car accident that they don't happen.

You realize this, don't you ?

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I have a very large family and know many other people as well and you talking shit doesnt bother me or change how i feel. How childish do you have to be to post anon and act so smart

Quoting Anonymous:

So, because you know a very small amount of people who (as far as you know ) got lucky enough not to have it negatively effect their babies, that discounts thousands of studies on millions of people?

You can't be serious. Wait, I'll bet your mom smoked when she was pregnant with you. That would explain everything. Lol

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone said science proves smoking is bad and you said you disagreed with science.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

Aren't you the chick who said you don't believe in science and that smoking isnt harmful while pregnant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO you wont eat meat while pregnant but you will smoke ..... Keeping it classy i see. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM
That sounds good. Im not switching to be a vegan, its just since i became pregnant, meat makes me nauseous

Quoting Anonymous:

we really like to creamy veggie pasta.  check it out!!!  and also instead of using a peeler to make pasta like strips, I just run it through the slicing disk on my food processor (I'm lazy :) )  sorry you didn't get the help you were looking for from others.  I hope your meat aversion passes tho as switching to a vegetarian diet can be difficult and time consuming.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Thank you :) your the only one who actually stuck to my post and helped me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We like lemon baked tofu  Freeze tofu in it's package and it will give it a more meatlike texture (good stand in for chicken).  We cube it and double the marinade. There are a lot of good recipes out there, but it all depends on your taste preferences. you can also get two months worth of vegetarian meal ideas here  Protein is found in every food, but to make complete proteins, you need to combine different foods (i.e. beans and rice)  just do a little research.  It will not take longas there is a great deal of info available online

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Well im pregnant and meat makes me extremely nauseous so i need something else with protein

Quoting Anonymous:

what are you wanting to supplement?  Do you want meaty vegetarian substitutes or just meat free meals

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont even smoke and meat makes me nauseous. Can't you read?

Quoting Anonymous:

LMAO you wont eat meat while pregnant but you will smoke ..... Keeping it classy i see. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You dont need to be having kids if you think its OK to smoke while pregnant. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Then dont eat meat. Simple as that. Take your prenatal vitamins and eat healthy. 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I dont even smoke and meat makes me nauseous. Can't you read?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Science.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Mushrooms make a great meat substitute for things like spaghetti.

Beans are great for protein, as are nuts and seeds. Are you OK with eating eggs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)