Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't believe it's already that time...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Just got my sons school supply list for kindergarten. Pretty early for the lists but the school gets out this month for summer so they had to hand these out now(they start august 12)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jscott1216
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM
And more than likely your son will come home with over half of that stuff unused. The amounts of some items schools request gets ridiculous sometimes.
WashingtonMom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM

hehe kindergarten seems to be the most expansive list... (not a misspelling, I meant expansive not expensive). I think the kids eat the glue sticks or something. Which reminds me, my DD needs 2 more glue sticks for the last month of the school year... at least your school doesn't specify the NON purple ones!  She's in 2nd next year, need to check the list for her class. :)

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Holy fucking shit.

So glad I homeschool now!

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

paganmommy4
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Not here yet but soon enough

paganmommy4
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Because more times than not teachers end up buying that stuff out of their own pockets because its not in the budget at all for school supplies so they have parents bring extras

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Quoting WashingtonMom:

hehe kindergarten seems to be the most expansive list... (not a misspelling, I meant expansive not expensive). I think the kids eat the glue sticks or something. Which reminds me, my DD needs 2 more glue sticks for the last month of the school year... at least your school doesn't specify the NON purple ones! ย She's in 2nd next year, need to check the list for her class. :)

Lol. Most seem reasonable but 12 glue sticks! Wow. I'm glad this school doesn't have a joint box. Each kid is responsible for THEIR items:) oh and I've got to buy school uniforms too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Quoting paganmommy4:

Because more times than not teachers end up buying that stuff out of their own pockets because its not in the budget at all for school supplies so they have parents bring extras

Its a charter school where all parents actually care about their kids education so I'm sure the teachers won't be buying anything extra for basic school supplies. All kids have an individual box and no sharing is done. Keeps moochers away:)
faeriemom1972
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Right?!?! That's how it was 17 years ago when my dd started K. My son is 7, I'm homeschooling too :)

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM
That is a really long list! Of course I suggest getting extra crayons and markers to store at home when the ones he has at school wear out. My youngest brother and sister went through 12 boxes alone this year (mostly her, but he uses the crayons until the point is gone and feels that he can't use them anymore so he gets a crayon sharpener next year lol). I stick up for them during school supply time during couponing sessions.
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM

When my kids were last in public school, they were each taking in 2 packs of 500 sheets worth of copy paper and 2 packs of construction paper with 500 sheets apiece. I was like, next they will ask for ink for the copier!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Right?!?! That's how it was 17 years ago when my dd started K. My son is 7, I'm homeschooling too :)

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN