Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't believe it's already that time...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just got my sons school supply list for kindergarten. Pretty early for the lists but the school gets out this month for summer so they had to hand these out now(they start august 12)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM

It's ridiculous, from what I've heard they practically have the students stocking the classrooms. I knew budgets were tight, but sheesh! It's been so long since I've been out of the school loop though, I really have no idea what's going on.

Quoting acrogodess:

When my kids were last in public school, they were each taking in 2 packs of 500 sheets worth of copy paper and 2 packs of construction paper with 500 sheets apiece. I was like, next they will ask for ink for the copier!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Right?!?! That's how it was 17 years ago when my dd started K. My son is 7, I'm homeschooling too :)

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

So glad I homeschool now!

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:23 AM

This is our first year homeschooling. At first it was because I knew we would be moving and I didn't want to interrupt their school year, but the kids don't want to go back to public school. I am realizing just how far behind they are compared to what I had learned by their respective ages even they were at the top of their class. Dd is in 4th and ds just mentioned he had never learned roman numerals when I was showing them to his sister. He is now in 6th and they were at a "good" school. *sighs* Of course, state testing numbers doesn't actually mean good. I am just realizing that now.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

It's ridiculous, from what I've heard they practically have the students stocking the classrooms. I knew budgets were tight, but sheesh! It's been so long since I've been out of the school loop though, I really have no idea what's going on.

Quoting acrogodess:

When my kids were last in public school, they were each taking in 2 packs of 500 sheets worth of copy paper and 2 packs of construction paper with 500 sheets apiece. I was like, next they will ask for ink for the copier!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Right?!?! That's how it was 17 years ago when my dd started K. My son is 7, I'm homeschooling too :)

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Schools budgets get cut .... therefor someone has to supply the classroom.

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

What a load of fucking shit!! I thought my dds lists were bad. *Runs to check to see what 4th grade's list looks like*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We get ours in August. (start school in September)

Josie_P
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Damn that's a long list. Here in Russia, you just get your child the basics like pens, pencils, notebooks and the school has the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

no no no no it's TOO soon for this on here! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*runs out screaming*

;)

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Dammit man!  The obessive bitching on this board shall begin... ugh!  I will have to check the stores here to see if next year's list is out yet.  I doubt it, though.

DD1 will be starting Kindergarten this fall, so this is our first go at getting school supplies.  I took a peek last year at the list and it wasn't as long or as outrageous as I've seen on here.

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

We don't buy school supplies.. our school just asks the parents to bring in 20 dollars at the beginning of each school year and the teachers get the supplies.

It's great, but I had so much fun picking out school supplies when I was a kid that I let my kids buy school supplies to use at home, too. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN