Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't believe it's already that time...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just got my sons school supply list for kindergarten. Pretty early for the lists but the school gets out this month for summer so they had to hand these out now(they start august 12)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
milmomma2006
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
So thankful that dds school just asked for $35 and the teachers go out and buy all the supplies! I absolutely despise school supply shopping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I think I'm addicted to school supplies sometimes lol. I homeschool so we use it all but every time we go somewhere I tend to find myself going to that section & seeing what they have hehe

Quoting danie24:

We don't buy school supplies.. our school just asks the parents to bring in 20 dollars at the beginning of each school year and the teachers get the supplies.

It's great, but I had so much fun picking out school supplies when I was a kid that I let my kids buy school supplies to use at home, too. LOL

"I give You my apathy, I give you all of me, I want Your symphony, singing in all that I am, at the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back, so I lay my head back down, & I lift my hands & I pray to be only Yours, I pray to be only Yours, I know now You're my only hope" Switchfoot

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
My son also has to bring paper towels, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper. TOILET PAPER. Why? I dunno

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

So glad I homeschool now!

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

LOL - I am the same way!

We are a crafting family so we are always stocking up on school supplies and craft supplies.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I think I'm addicted to school supplies sometimes lol. I homeschool so we use it all but every time we go somewhere I tend to find myself going to that section & seeing what they have hehe

Quoting danie24:

We don't buy school supplies.. our school just asks the parents to bring in 20 dollars at the beginning of each school year and the teachers get the supplies.

It's great, but I had so much fun picking out school supplies when I was a kid that I let my kids buy school supplies to use at home, too. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Oh I remember all those posts... Lol. I'm not complaining about our list. If it went into a shared pile maybe but these will be his personal supplies. It's a good school and I chose to put him here so I accept that the lists are a bit long plus there are uniforms to buy

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Dammit man!  The obessive bitching on this board shall begin... ugh!  I will have to check the stores here to see if next year's list is out yet.  I doubt it, though.

DD1 will be starting Kindergarten this fall, so this is our first go at getting school supplies.  I took a peek last year at the list and it wasn't as long or as outrageous as I've seen on here.

robsgurl_23
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I wish I got my kids school list that early so I could start to get the stuff ahead of time instead of the month school starts. I would like to have all summer to get the stuff gradually.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Ugh, lol.  I'm worried you have opened the flood gates :)

My DD's list shouldn't be bad either, if it's anything like last year's list.  Just the basic, personal supplies for her (well under $50) and that's it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I remember all those posts... Lol. I'm not complaining about our list. If it went into a shared pile maybe but these will be his personal supplies. It's a good school and I chose to put him here so I accept that the lists are a bit long plus there are uniforms to buy

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Dammit man!  The obessive bitching on this board shall begin... ugh!  I will have to check the stores here to see if next year's list is out yet.  I doubt it, though.

DD1 will be starting Kindergarten this fall, so this is our first go at getting school supplies.  I took a peek last year at the list and it wasn't as long or as outrageous as I've seen on here.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Couldn't you go ahead and get the basic stuff that you KNOW will be on the list?  Paper, pens, pencils, glue, etc?  And then wait for the list to come out to get the rest?

Quoting robsgurl_23:

I wish I got my kids school list that early so I could start to get the stuff ahead of time instead of the month school starts. I would like to have all summer to get the stuff gradually.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Its really nice to have that early though, you can beat all of the August rush!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I always wonder what they do with 12 glue sticks, lol, I always bought them, but that's a lot of glue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured