Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't believe it's already that time...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just got my sons school supply list for kindergarten. Pretty early for the lists but the school gets out this month for summer so they had to hand these out now(they start august 12)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Replies (31-40):
momma-flynn
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

The supply list for dd's school doesn't go out until summer time but the PTO sells supply packs that have everything in them at meet the teacher night. They sent out the pre-order forms this week. I need to remember to send a check with her one day.  

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting WashingtonMom:

hehe kindergarten seems to be the most expansive list... (not a misspelling, I meant expansive not expensive). I think the kids eat the glue sticks or something. Which reminds me, my DD needs 2 more glue sticks for the last month of the school year... at least your school doesn't specify the NON purple ones!  She's in 2nd next year, need to check the list for her class. :)

Lol. Most seem reasonable but 12 glue sticks! Wow. I'm glad this school doesn't have a joint box. Each kid is responsible for THEIR items:) oh and I've got to buy school uniforms too.

I have spent plenty of time in Kinder this year with my son, and trust me they use that and more. 

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

They mail ours in....and then we have a whole 4 days to get everything in all the madness that is the August Rush.....it's worse than Black Friday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I wonder about toilet paper too, because if you use a school bathroom you know nobody sent that sandpaper in with their kid. I send it, but where does it go.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son also has to bring paper towels, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper. TOILET PAPER. Why? I dunno

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

So glad I homeschool now!

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Man my ds's school asked for 20 glue sticks last year. He came home at the end of the year with 16 of them. I sent them back with him and his older brother this year and I still have some around the damn house.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I don't even spend or buy that much when including the textbooks I purchase for homeschooling and that's even factoring workbooks and ink for my printer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Schools budgets get cut .... therefor someone has to supply the classroom.

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM
The last time the kids attended public school, I was required to send in two reams of copy paper apiece as well as two reams of construction paper and they weren't really using the construction paper. :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder about toilet paper too, because if you use a school bathroom you know nobody sent that sandpaper in with their kid. I send it, but where does it go.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son also has to bring paper towels, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper. TOILET PAPER. Why? I dunno

Quoting acrogodess:

Holy fucking shit.

What happened to :

4 boxes of tissue

4 boxes of crayons

24 pencils

2 elmer's glue

1 box of washable marker

4 marble notebooks

construction paper?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

We dont have that option here, kids  have two school choices for elementary.

Blossom Gulch has K-3, then they go to another school for 4th-8th, Madison Has up until 5th grade then off to middle school they go, two choices for middle school and two choices for high school

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting paganmommy4:

Because more times than not teachers end up buying that stuff out of their own pockets because its not in the budget at all for school supplies so they have parents bring extras

Its a charter school where all parents actually care about their kids education so I'm sure the teachers won't be buying anything extra for basic school supplies. All kids have an individual box and no sharing is done. Keeps moochers away:)

Pagan, Pro-choice, Pro-vaxing, Pitbull Advocate
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We get ours in the summer time.

sadiebug1228
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I got my sons kindergarten list at the kindergarten round up thing lol it's long and gonna cost a fortune lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)