Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OH HELL NO

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm dating a guy in the Air Force who's still technically married....and I really don't feel bad at all!

Obviously not a lot of people know because I refuse to let him be too open about it for the sake of his career. People around here know cuz it's our hometown, bit where he's stationed only a few of his buddies know he's dating me.

He just got a promotion and I don't want him to screw anything up knowing that he wants to be career.

His stbx is a basket case...even though he filed long enough ago that a judge.could grant the divorce now, psycho is fighting him every step of the way trying to get everything she can outta him, even though he took care of her cheating ass way longer than he ever shoulda.

Can't wait for the divorce to be final so I can finally be there with him!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM
ummm...doesn't giving him ass involve actually giving him ass and spreading my legs? I said dating, not sleeping with. we haven't had sex..

Quoting Anonymous:

Keep telling yourself that honey. Your wonderful victimized man is just telling you that so you will keep giving him some a$$! So, in the glorious words of Nene, "Close your legs to married men!"

tsk tsk

manda-nicole010
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Oh ok, that makes more sense! 

Quoting Anonymous:

he's from here but stationed somewhere else. so I've known him since we were 12/13

Quoting manda-nicole010:

How did you meet him if you don't live in the same area as him? Is this some LDR where you two haven't actually met in person yet? Just curious. 

Follow my blog to get in on my crafty side! Free patterns, inexpensive patterns and just some unique ideas! Manda Nicole's Crochet Patterns

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Why are you getting bashed? He deserves to be happy. If he's happy with you why not? Why should he remain faithful to that nut case?

Goodluck
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
If he's with you while still married to her then HE'S CHEATING TOO. And that's a *HUGE* no-no in the military. So you don't have any room to be calling her out, missy.
amberleh
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM

i just hope his superiors don't find out, he can be court martialed for dating you while he is still legally married...then he loses eveything, including his good name because of a dishonorable discharge. But i'm sure he is already aware of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
they're separated, paperwork was filed months ago but she's fighting everything and trying to take him for everything so it's turned into a long drawn out fight in court.

Quoting Diamepphyre:

If he's with you while still married to her then HE'S CHEATING TOO. And that's a *HUGE* no-no in the military. So you don't have any room to be calling her out, missy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
he knows the consequences and we talked a ton about it. we battled for awhile trying to figure out whatto do because of that. back home people know, I'm here, hehe's over 1000 miles away. a couple people there know, but we've just chosen to keep quiet about things around base. he comes home when he can, otherwise meet halfway if he manages a 3 day.

Quoting amberleh:

i just hope his superiors don't find out, he can be court martialed for dating you while he is still legally married...then he loses eveything, including his good name because of a dishonorable discharge. But i'm sure he is already aware of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM
he remained faithful for a long time. after he found out she cheated the first time, even though he moved to the couch and stopped having sex with her, he stuck aroundx tried to get her to go to marriage counseling and everything. eventually he got to the point that every night he was left wondering who's bed she was sleeping in because she wasn't coming home most nights. she's flat admitted iver and over she married him for the benefits, only to realize they weren't as good as she thought they were.

I do agree he deserves to be happy. he's an amazing guy with a ton to offer. we're holding off on even having sex because there's always a chance of me getting pregnant, even with him using condoms and while he said he's willing to take the risk, I'm not.

they're bashing because some people believe that until legally divorced they're still technically married and datinf some one else is cheating, no matter how long theyve been separated. plus, he's military. according to the military, he's cheating until the divorce papers are signed. they've been filed fir months, but because of how much she's fighting it truing to take everything and more his lawyer said he's aiming for another 6ish months to be done, but it could be next yr before it's final.

and thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you getting bashed? He deserves to be happy. If he's happy with you why not? Why should he remain faithful to that nut case?

Goodluck
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Hang in there!

Quoting Anonymous:

he remained faithful for a long time. after he found out she cheated the first time, even though he moved to the couch and stopped having sex with her, he stuck aroundx tried to get her to go to marriage counseling and everything. eventually he got to the point that every night he was left wondering who's bed she was sleeping in because she wasn't coming home most nights. she's flat admitted iver and over she married him for the benefits, only to realize they weren't as good as she thought they were.

I do agree he deserves to be happy. he's an amazing guy with a ton to offer. we're holding off on even having sex because there's always a chance of me getting pregnant, even with him using condoms and while he said he's willing to take the risk, I'm not.

they're bashing because some people believe that until legally divorced they're still technically married and datinf some one else is cheating, no matter how long theyve been separated. plus, he's military. according to the military, he's cheating until the divorce papers are signed. they've been filed fir months, but because of how much she's fighting it truing to take everything and more his lawyer said he's aiming for another 6ish months to be done, but it could be next yr before it's final.

and thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

Goodluck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)