- DD1 (21) was involved in a multiple car accident
- She has been in hospital 8 weeks with back injuries.
- Initially there was no movement or feeling from the waist down
- She had an operation to mend a fracture in the spinal column seeing 2 metal rods inserted.
- 2 weeks ago she got the feeling back in her legs (2 days after surgery)
DD today took 4 steps! She has movement and feeling back in her legs now. Although obviously the walking way completely aided with the majority of her weight being supported on her arms with walking beams, she did apply weight to her feet. It was amazing to see her up and about, and there's definitely a lift in her mood. Touch wood this is the big improvement we needed. Physiotherapy is very intense, and that's what's kept the muscles moving in her hips and legs.
Thank you again ladies for your ongoing support