Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

So, last week, my husband and I went grocery shopping, and got our food for the week. We always go to the same store, pretty much the same day, every week.

Last week, as we were walking out of the store, my husbands attention was diverted to the claw machine...I didn't want to wait and my son was getting fussy, so I just kept walking to the car. I get to the car, and my  husband caught up to me really fast, like he ran too me, but he looked concerned, and I see him staring at a man that was walking pretty fast, past us on the other side of the car lane. We put everything in the car, and get in, and my husband said that he saw that guy following me from the exit of the store, but once he saw my husband, he went to the other side of the lane and walked away really fast. And as we were leaving, we went past the front of the store, and saw the same guy standing against the wall, watching people come out of the store.

We called the police, and told them there was a suspicious man hanging around the parking lot of the store, and they said have received similar calls at the same store, and that it would be looked into. Well, apparently, there was something going on at the store, because this week we saw 4 cop cars posted in the parking lot.

Its kinda scary that I almost got mugged. If my husband hadn't been there, I'm almost positive that guy would have tried to rob me.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherOF5Cuties
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Wow that is scary. Glad you all are ok
angie729
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM

That is scary! When I was about four I was out side ridding my little bike and my mom and grand mother were sitting in the sun room watching me. A lady pulled up and got out of her car and told me to get in her car...I took off running and screaming and my mom came out side..the lady left. She had a little boy in the back seat of her car..he was white and she was black so I doubt it was her child. That was a long long time ago and I still think about that day and they boy...I wonder who he was and if he is safe.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I know...and I was with my son...and it would have been awful had anything happened. Makes me think twice about leaving my hubs behind.

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Wow that is scary. Glad you all are ok

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Dang, thats crazy! Have you looked into it at all?

Quoting angie729:

That is scary! When I was about four I was out side ridding my little bike and my mom and grand mother were sitting in the sun room watching me. A lady pulled up and got out of her car and told me to get in her car...I took off running and screaming and my mom came out side..the lady left. She had a little boy in the back seat of her car..he was white and she was black so I doubt it was her child. That was a long long time ago and I still think about that day and they boy...I wonder who he was and if he is safe.....

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:15 AM

That is scary. A couple months ago a man knocked on my car window as I was leaving a store at night. He told me through the window that he ran out of gas and had his kids with him, and wanted to know if I had anything in my trunk that he could put gas in. I shook my head and drove off. There was no stalled car with kids in it. I don't know what he planned to do, but I'm glad I didn't try to help him. 

lillokita
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:21 AM
One time I went to Wal-Mart real late and noticed a weird guy around the registers he seemed nosey and then as I walked out he followed me, mind u I bought a lot of stuff too, I waited just outside the door and asked a worker to walk me to my truck which he did and the weird guy who had kept walking/wondering went back into the store I had that vibe something wasn't right.
angie729
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I looked for missing kids for that time frame and area and couldn't find anything. This happened in like 1971.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dang, thats crazy! Have you looked into it at all?

Quoting angie729:

mymanben
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:33 AM
We lived in apartments and this guy lived there. He used to take kids to the pool so parents could get a break. We always went. Even looking back now he was not suspious at all. Anyway, one day he showed up at our school telling the principal my mom sent him to pick us up (which she didn't) when he refused to leave the principal called the cops and he was arrested. He was a child molestor that had been on the run for years
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Not really similar I guess, but it was scary. I was 13 and talking to my boyfriend (first "love") on the phone, outside on my back patio. It was about midnight and we lived on the first floor...apartments. This guy was pacing back and forth in front of my patio for a few minutes. He finally stopped right in front of me, asked how old I was, asked who I was talking to, asked if I'd come out and talk to him. I said "no". He then disappeared around the corner. Instinct kicked in and I ran back inside and locked our deadbolt. I'm not kidding, not even a full second after I locked it he was trying to open the door. He was body slamming the door and turning the knob.

It only lasted a few seconds and I called for my Mom. When she came out to the living room he wasn't doing it anymore. She opened the front door (don't know why!) And he was just sitting there on the stairs in front of our door. She called the police, and the guy wasn't there anymore of course, but I had to fill out a report. It scared the shit out of me. Strangely, that wasn't the only weird incident that happened while we lived there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Damn, thats scary as fuck! I would be freaking out if that happened to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not really similar I guess, but it was scary. I was 13 and talking to my boyfriend (first "love") on the phone, outside on my back patio. It was about midnight and we lived on the first floor...apartments. This guy was pacing back and forth in front of my patio for a few minutes. He finally stopped right in front of me, asked how old I was, asked who I was talking to, asked if I'd come out and talk to him. I said "no". He then disappeared around the corner. Instinct kicked in and I ran back inside and locked our deadbolt. I'm not kidding, not even a full second after I locked it he was trying to open the door. He was body slamming the door and turning the knob.

It only lasted a few seconds and I called for my Mom. When she came out to the living room he wasn't doing it anymore. She opened the front door (don't know why!) And he was just sitting there on the stairs in front of our door. She called the police, and the guy wasn't there anymore of course, but I had to fill out a report. It scared the shit out of me. Strangely, that wasn't the only weird incident that happened while we lived there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured