Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are you still awake? -Good night, errrr, well have a nice day.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies

I am bored to pieces as I type up a paper for a friend on the Lost Colony of Roanoke. I have always hated research papers. Always, but my friend has the misfortune of thinking in Spanish first and English second and while she speaks English fluently, writing and grammar are not her strong suits. Usually, I just edit papers and retype them for her since I have first hand experience with her issues since my mom is originally from Central America, but I needed more money than usual and she just couldn't fathom how to write the paper. I did give her the references so that she could read them, so that she will be up to date with what I am writing, in case her professor asks questions for clarification. 

I do lecture my friend, that there is only so much I can do to help her since I cannot take exams for her. She still needs to KNOW the work herself. I am on page 3 of a 6 page paper and have 3 of the 5 references needed. Rough draft is due later today. Final draft is due tomorrow. I feel like I am back in college. I also have two papers to edit for her. At least that is an extra $135 for our family this month while DH looks for a job.

Page 5 of 6. Hopefully, I can do a smooth transition to a conclusion and not be too repetitive this last page and a half. Oh, sleep! How I miss thee!

All done and emailed to her. Thank goodness for google docs. I even set it so that she can edit it herself if need be. Nighty night peeps. Or, well, good day :)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_dearest_
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I am too tireed to read all that

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Lol yep not reading that thing. I'm up because dh just woke me up for sex...,I, never sleep when we are done
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

Lol. I hear that considering you say you've only slept about an hour in 2 days

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol yep not reading that thing. I'm up because dh just woke me up for sex...,I, never sleep when we are done

It's 2 paragraphs. Whatevs. 

RadnRem
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Too long, lol.

Working a 12.5 hr night shift. Woo hoooo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Eh. I'm at work. Sounds like a good way to make a lil extra cash. Good for you
mommy_dearest_
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:17 AM

hey but the gist of it is youre working hard on research right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

Lol. I hear that considering you say you've only slept about an hour in 2 days

laineysmum
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Because I'm a dumbass and didn't do sock laundry. Yes I wait until the last possible second, until all of us are completely out of socks before doing sock laundry. And I meant to do it this morning but I forgot. So now I'm waiting for the wash cycle to finish so I can put them in the dryer so I can go to bed and hubs can have dry socks in the AM. 

rgba
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Um...that's cheating...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Maybe I'm a huge nerd but my first thought when I read this was "How can anyone hate research papers!" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)