Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hide snacks from my kids - do you do things like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 428 Replies
23 moms liked this

Whenever I buy a snack I like, the kids always seem to eat that one first, and leave their icky snacks that I don't like but they supposedly LOVE in the pantry, so I started hiding the snacks I buy for myself so they can't have them and if they ever see me eating them, I tell them that's all there was, knowing they can't find my stash.

Do you hide snacks from your kids? Do you do other stuff like this just so you can enjoy something yourself without them taking it all or ruining your moment?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurplePieguy
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
31 moms liked this

Yep, and I eat it while they're all in school. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't hide snacks but I do sometimes tell them we don't have any recordings on the DVR just so I can watch shows that we usually watch together and actually HEAR the conversations the characters have on screen. My kids are teens and they're really bad about overanalyzing what's going on and talking above the TV to do it, or they'll run out to check Facebook or something and come back and want a full play-by-play in the middle of a critical scene. It's obnoxious. 

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely.
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Me too

Quoting PurplePieguy:

Yep, and I eat it while they're all in school. 

danijean
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
25 moms liked this
Not snack but I hide Reeses Peanutbutter cups from my whole family. They are all mine!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casseopeia
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Not something I want, but I have to hide my SO's hot Funyuns and Hot Cheetos from his kid.

starlight91
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
6 moms liked this

Yep, I buy them whatever they want for a quick snack, then buy my favorite and keep it in my room, but if they ask nicely I will share with them.

BambiF
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
My kids are young enough that I can just say "nope!"
I do however stash things from dh now and then.
bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
3 moms liked this

I do that, too, lol. We buy those bags of assorted chips so DH and the kids can take them in their lunches but there's only like one kind I like in there so I'll take the 3 bags of that flavor and hide them under the oatmeal in the pantry. DH knows I do it but the kids have no idea since we just toss the big bag the others come in and they don't really pay attention to what's supposed to be in there, lol.

rockgal81
by Steph on May. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Sure do! Lol My mom used to hide her honey smacks cereal when I was a kid, but I always found them. So, she started folding the inside bag a certain way so she could tell if we ate any. Lol I hide chocolate covered cherries from my kids and my so :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)