Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hide snacks from my kids - do you do things like this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Whenever I buy a snack I like, the kids always seem to eat that one first, and leave their icky snacks that I don't like but they supposedly LOVE in the pantry, so I started hiding the snacks I buy for myself so they can't have them and if they ever see me eating them, I tell them that's all there was, knowing they can't find my stash.

Do you hide snacks from your kids? Do you do other stuff like this just so you can enjoy something yourself without them taking it all or ruining your moment?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (421-428):
HOTMOMMY2
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.  My DS13 will eat all of it and put the empty container back in the freezer.  SOOOOOOO we use empty food bags that should be frozen anyway and stash our ice cream in those to protect it.  We also had to invest in a cupboard and a lock to lock up all snacks because he eats everything.

tabdemogola
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Yup i have a secret stash of "period chocolate " hidden in a crock pot so dh n ds dont find it lol
c_ramirez8606
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM

OMG yes I do this. All the time. I take my kids to the store and let them choose what they want, then I choose what I want. It's that simple. If they choose not to eat what they bought then that's on them.

.My 6 year old likes to ask a million questions about movies. Even though we tell him we have never seen it. So if we rent a movie, we watch it the night before. 

We do want it necessary to have a little peace and enjoy ourselves. There's nothing wrong with that.

c_ramirez8606
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I love the freezer idea. I am going to have to use this one.

Quoting HOTMOMMY2:

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.  My DS13 will eat all of it and put the empty container back in the freezer.  SOOOOOOO we use empty food bags that should be frozen anyway and stash our ice cream in those to protect it.  We also had to invest in a cupboard and a lock to lock up all snacks because he eats everything.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM

no, i dont do that.  there are times when i'm eating something and dd wants some and i say no.  some may think that's mean but IMO, this teaches her that she can't always get something when she wants it.  when i used to say yes to her all the time, she would freak out if anyone said no...so we changed that and now she understands.

c_ramirez8606
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM

That is so funny. I'm going to tell my kids that.

Quoting jeannie39:

I think we all do from time to time. Kids and dh will eat all the good stuff 1st and them there are no snack for anyone. If I don't hide a few thing, I don't get anything.

I once told my nieces and nephews that the Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies would make little kids sick because they were made just for grown ups. I gave them Oreos and saves the Thin Mints for myself. I don't feel a bit guilty, though. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on May. 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM

lol I tell mine that there is coffee in it works ever time! They are still only 5 and 7.

valkins
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I most certainly do and believe me there is nothing wrong with it. I'm sure a lot of us on here spoil our kids like crazy and every once in a while we deserve to spoil ourselves, because if we don't no one else will. I grew up on snacks and my parents were big on buying us snack items for t.v. watching or just having a snack to eat. It's something that I have done with my kids, but there are certain things I enjoy and I don't want to share with anyone else. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN