Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you went into labor at 35 weeks...

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 48 Replies

my bff is in labor she 35 weeks exactly today. Im really scared for her its her first. What was your experience like at 35 weeks ..did your baby have to stay in the hospital a long time or were they able to come home w/ you. Just looking at what to except .. I was suppose to visit her well in labor and then wait out in the waiting room she was delivering. Now Im not sure what to do. She just texted me saying her water broke and she was scared and on her way to the hospital. Its just so crazy ...we were suppose to hang out today after she got done w/ work and I was going to help her pack her bags. :( Her husband is awesome and with her though so thats good! 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CV3
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM

i dont know but heres a bump.

mommykate4
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Quoting CV3:

i dont know but heres a bump.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
He was in the NICU for 2 weeks. He has lifetime chronic lung problems and speech/language issues that may be related to his prematurity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
They stopped my labor at 35 weeks. So idk. But here's a bump
not.atyou
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I had a 33 weeker and a 34 weeker. They both spent time in the nicu. They both had some health issues.....but from the reason for their prematurity.....not from prematurity itself.

Typically 35 weekers fare very well....and may not even need nicu time. That being said.....every situation is different. Best wishes to your friend!
mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
my 1st was born at 33 weeks because of preeclampsia....she was in the nicu for about a week...I stayed with her!
I had 2 kids born at 35 weeks, 1 was in the nicu for a week and 1 came home with me

my other 2 were born at 34 & 36 weeks...the 34 weeker was in the nicu for 10days and 36 weeker came home with me!
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My son was born at 36 weeks perfectly healthy, breathing fine, sucking reflex fine...it just depends on the baby. Every case is different.

PrettyEyez26
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I had my daughter exactly at 35 weeks, she couldnt handle the contractions so after about 10 hours of labor and 2 centimeters dilated they decided to do an emergency csection.  She weighed 5lbs 12 oz and she stayed in the nicu for my 4 day stay and another 2 days after that.  She came home totally healthy and is now two years old.  She has no developmental delays or growth delays

DestinyRoseLC
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM
my son was just under 7lbs. they had him under the lights for a while and in the nicu for a 24 hr observation. i left with him on the 3rd day.
not.atyou
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Also....you can send her to inspire.com/groups/preemie.

A community of preemie and micro preemie parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)