Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you tell your daughters?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 75 Replies
3 moms liked this

I tell my daughter that she is beautiful but I also tell her that she is brilliant, which is just as important, if not more important.

I tell her she can conquer the world and no one can take her brilliance away from her. That she should never be afraid to show the world how strong and smart she she is.  I tell her that she should never let a man tell her she is anything less than perfect and one day she will find a man that admires her strength, and intelligence more than her beauty. I also tell her to never settle for someone that doesn't make her smile when she thinks of them.

I tell this to my daughter on a regular basis.

I want her to grow up strong and independent! I want her to find happiness in herself and not feel she needs to seek approval from those around her. To be confident in her own skin.

What do you tell your daughters?

This is my beautiful, smart, strong and talented daughter.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM

BUMP!

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

the same as you. and your dd is adorable. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I tell my imaginary daughters lots of things.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I tell her much of the same things. Right now she is into Monster Trucks & I tell her she can drive Monster Trucks one day if she wishes. I even show her that some of the drivers ARE women (like the drivers of Madusa, the scarlet bandit & monster mutt dalmation). 

Here she is. All tutu and trains hehe

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Thanks!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I tell her much of the same things. Right now she is into Monster Trucks & I tell her she can drive Monster Trucks one day if she wishes. I even show her that some of the drivers ARE women (like the drivers of Madusa, the scarlet bandit & monster mutt dalmation). 

Here she is. All tutu and trains hehe

She is adorable! I love that she can be herself and you don't push her in any one direction! =D

MaryCimino
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter's on the right track, she already has my smart mouth. I tell her only you can chose how to live your life, I can't make you into something your not.
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

We have always told our daughters....and sons....how kind, polite, loving, loyal, friendly, and caring they are.  We focus more on these things than on the physical or even mental.  

PurpleCupcake
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I read something once...

Girls that are NOT told they are beautiful or smart as they grow up...often seek men/boys that do tell them that...hence the first boy that comes along (often in high school). So, it leads to girls getting into relationships too early with boys who simply said they were pretty.

On the other hand, girls who ARE told they are pretty dont fall for the first boy to come along and tell them they are pretty. They tend to wait longer to get into serious relationships.

Dont know if it is true, but I tell my girl she is pretty. I dont want her to fall for a boy in high school, get pregnant and then not go to college.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)