Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Problem with SD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

SD is 16, me and DH have been married about a year but she has really be noticing my son's friends. He is 15 so his friends are between 15-17 mostly.SD is with us about half the time.

When they come over, she will find reasons to go in the living room scantly clothed. She will take a shower and need to get something from the dryer so she will come downstairs and walk through the living room (which she could easily go the other way) in her towel. Or if we are going to the pool or beach, she will but her bikini on 2 hours before we are going and walk around in it. Everything she does so, I send her upstairs to get dressed but it's like chasing a wolf away from sheep, she will just try again next time I am not looking.

She is a big girl, she wears size 11 or 13 pants and she has learned the attitude that big girls are damn sexy and everyone wants them from her mom, who is also big. I don't mean big boned or larger built I mean fat.

They boys know exactly what she is doing and usually start making fun of her when she leaves the room, not one of them is interested. Sometimes they will say high to her but more often they just ignore her.

When she doesn't get the attention, she will run to DH saying "daddy, they make me feel uncomfortable" and then DH calls my son in to tell him to control his friends. He has also told DS that if his friends can't behave, they won't be allowed over when SD is over, as I said, that is about half the time. DS tries to explain what is happening but DH won't hear anything like that about his DD.

On Sunday, I talked to DH about it and told him that I have been watching carefully and that SD really is throwing herself at them and she is just mad because no one is interested. I mentioned the towel thing and the bathing suit thing. He is mad a me now for implying that the situation is her fault. He said that me and DS are lying that his friends are interested and that's why she says she is uncomfortable. I was pissed so I said "your DD is fat and desperate for attention that they aren't willing to give to her, if they were interested, why wouldn't any of them ask her out? In fact, she is was so wanted, why is it that she has never had a boyfriend?" I know what I said wasn't nice but it was the truth and I won't have DH accuse my son and his friends of inapropriate behavior when they haven't done anything but to make his DD happy. Why happens when she takes it to the next level and accuses one of them of rape?

DH won't talk to me but I sat down with SD and laid down the law. I told her that from now on, she will get dressed in either her room or the bathroom, there is no reason for her to come downstairs in a towel or a bathing suit unless we are about to go to the beach or pool. If I catch her doing it again, I told her that there will be consequences including having her phone taken away.

Hopefully DH will realize he has been wrong because I am sick of getting the silent treatment when I haven't done anything wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Size 11 isn't fat....you sound like a bitch
ALWsMomma
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. I agree she isn't being appropriate.
I wouldn't call a size 11 fat, maybe overweight but not fat. Calling her that crossed the line
mommyof20813
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

lol thats funny .. I used to have a friend who would do that around my brothers friends and i said the same thing to her .. she alwasy said my brothers and his friends were attracted to her. She was not the most attractive person lol :) Good for your for telling the truth!!!!

wumbo
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Bahaha... This was a good one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM

She could be 5'0....

Quoting ALWsMomma:

I wouldn't call a size 11 fat, maybe overweight but not fat. Calling her that crossed the line

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM

She is and while I understand it wasn't the nicest thing to say,  but it is true and my son and his friends were being accused of inappropriate behavior when they weren't doing anything

Quoting Anonymous:

Size 11 isn't fat....you sound like a bitch

km1970
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM

She's 16. I agree with setting boundaries on what is appropriate attire when there is company. However, to call her fat and unwanted is just sad:( It sounds like this girl needs people in her life to lift her up, guide her, and give her unconditional love. Encourage her to find things in her life she is passionate for, a cause, a hobby, sport...whatever. Encourage her to have self respect and help her find inner beauty. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

She is. This is never something I have said before to anyone but my son and his friends where being accused of inappropriate behavior and DH was threatening to punish my son because his DD is throwing herself at boys who aren't interested.

Quoting ALWsMomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)