Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is a little strange dont you think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my husband had bypass surgery 8 years ago and lost a huge amount of weight. He runs and exercises. I'm proud of him.

Lately he has been slacking off, so as motivation he goggled his name so he could watch the commercial he did and reread the article in mens health...

He found this blog about him.  O.o It stole his before and after pictures, the article, and his video. It writes quotes from him. the blog is dedicated to helping people lose weight. Which is a good thing but ummm my husband had nothing to do with making it! they stole everything. I could see if he was mentioned in a random blog but this blog portrays it like the owner is my husband.

anyone find this strange?

**EDIT   If you know who I am please don't call me out. I want to keep things private when it concerns my real family. Some of these cafemom women are a little well you know !

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Ya ... I would contact them and if they don't take it down... See what else you can do
jillbailey26
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

That is strange, and stalkerish.  It's great that they're using it for a good reason, but he should comment and say that he isn't the owner and would like the site to show that it's a "fan page," for lack of a better term.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I'd contact a lawyer. Who knows what else this weirdo has done in your husband's name.
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Hmm, I'm guessing he entered some sort of contractual agreement with Men's Health, if they did a story on him, right? 

Unfortunately, these agreements typically allow them to use the participants likeness however they please... somewhere in the fine print, it probably states that this is acceptable. :( Sorry. Do you have a copy of the contact that can be reviewed?

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Yeah that's pretty nuts, did you contact them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I never thought about this. I will investigate further and see if my husband has a copy of his contract. The blog doesn't mention mens health tho. It also doesn't mention the clinic he did the commercial for. Worth looking into thanks!

Quoting Superlaura328:

Hmm, I'm guessing he entered some sort of contractual agreement with Men's Health, if they did a story on him, right? 

Unfortunately, these agreements typically allow them to use the participants likeness however they please... somewhere in the fine print, it probably states that this is acceptable. :( Sorry. Do you have a copy of the contact that can be reviewed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

No we just sat in bed last night and read it all. My husband isnt mad, he is just creeped out. had someone of emailed him he would have happily participated in the blog.

Quoting Zazayam:

munky.wench
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
If they are selling something then he could very well get them for royalties.....
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

You're welcome!

That's what's tricky... most magazines and beauty companies have separate sites - micro sites, blogs, product review sites, etc. - that are owned by them, although they don't outright say that they are. It's just another way to generate web traffic. Definitely worth looking into.

Or, it could actually be a random poser... that is posslbe as well! People are weird, lol :/

Quoting Anonymous:

I never thought about this. I will investigate further and see if my husband has a copy of his contract. The blog doesn't mention mens health tho. It also doesn't mention the clinic he did the commercial for. Worth looking into thanks!

Quoting Superlaura328:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM

It sounds like a good cause, so it could be worse. But that's more then a little weird.

Quoting Anonymous:

No we just sat in bed last night and read it all. My husband isnt mad, he is just creeped out. had someone of emailed him he would have happily participated in the blog.

Quoting Zazayam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)