Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After a yearlong battle, WE ARE VICTORIOUS!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Here's the very vague back story.

Last year we moved in with W and R, a gay couple. (Just wanted to clarify so if I say "W and R- him and he and his" etc., people wpould know I'm talking about a couple.)
My hubby was originally good friends with W. everything was worked out and hubby, myself and DD- 1 year old at the time- moved in.

Things quickly started to go sour. R changed totally after we moved in. He HATED our guts and never had a reason why. He never once acknowledged my daughter in the 4 months we lived there. He hates women to the core- lovely fact I found out after we moved in- and when it was just us in a room together/home alone together, he wasted no time in screaming profanities at me, ridiculing me and being an asshole to me. The second my hubby would walk in the house, R would change and act like nothing happened, leaving me hysterically sobbing. He scared me many times with his temper.

He kept making up lies about us, saying we were breaking this this and this rule on the lease (we never did). He banned us from eating with himself and W, and before long, hubby, DD and I spent all day in our bedroom just to avoid R.

R made fun of us constantly because he was very well to do financially, and we were not. He kept demanding money from us for different things, and we just could not pay the absurd amounts he was asking. yes, we signed a lease and he kept trying to add shit to it that we didn't agree to.
The turning point was, at a HUGE house party W and R were throwing, W drunkenly SCREAMED at my hubby in front of about 30 people. Cursed him out, ridiculed him and told him he was a worthless piece of shit. My hubby was devastated and went to lie down in the room, away from everyone. I was beyond furious.

The next night R told us we had to "get the fuck out of MY house. NOW." and I asked when he'd serve us with eviction papers. His exact words were "We could evict you legally, but I choose not to. Get the fuck out before you regret it." He gave us exactly 3 days to move out, get al our stuff out and ove back home and hour away.

We agreed to a plan to have our stuff stored there after we moved, until we found storage for it. As soon as we left, R called and said he was going to throw all of our belongings away out of spite. (We could only take what we could fit in our tiny Subaru.)
They soon stopped returning any and all calls/texts/emails and for months and months, I wasleft wondering if they actually threw our stuff out. Last we talked, I asked "Are you really okay with stealing my daughter's stuff? You'd steal from a toddler???"

WELL! JUST got ahold of them after about 7 months of no contact. Our stuff is untouched, still there. Turns out R went to his lawyer- "the best lawyer money can buy"- and was told that what he was doing was VERY illegal. That if he threw our stuff out after illegally kicking us out, the law most definitely would not be on his side. R is furious but has no choice.

In 2 weeks we are going to GET EVERYTHING WE OWN BACK!!! Moving truck and storage unit is all set and paid for.

My daughter will have her bed again. All her cousins' hand me downs, all her books and videos. My photo albums......sentimental homemade birthday gifts from my brother......birthday/holiday cards I have been saving since I was a very little girl.....the stuff that can never be replaced......I will have it again soon.

After an UGLY yearlong battle, a year of wondering if my family would ever see our stuff again, we are victorious. Our stuff is STILL OURS.

We are getting a group of friends together as I type, paying them to help move our things. We're going in there, hauling ass and getting it done as quickly as possible, and leaving those jerks.

I'm so happy I could cry!!!! 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

there is seriously one person I KNOW would be a kickass roomie. our mutual friend, he kicks ass, he loves my DD and DD LOVES him, he would pay and help put and babysit. He is the only person who I KNOW would work as a roommate haha.
I am so sorry you went thru that =/ people can be ASSES!! 

Quoting kels1023:

We tried the whole roommate thing too, but after I got pregnant it quickly turned in to a nightmare lol

Quoting Anonymous:

???
Not as uncommon as you might think. Many people, in today's economy, are resorting to getting roommates as adults to save money. Most of my personal friends are living in this arrangement as I type.
So you've never had to resort to having a roomie as an adult. Congrats! But don't judge others who do.

LOL and what makes my DH a pos?? Get a life. Thanks. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why as adults were you living with another couple? I would say your dh is a pos too. If you moved in with someone you didn't know very well that was stupid too.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope everything works out for you as planned.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
He IS a pos for moving his family in with someone he wasn't extremely close to or known for a long time. No real man would put a wife through that and the first time that type of shit. happened you both should have been out. And what person of any worth doesn't make sure they have at least all their shit I mean really a moving truck is under a couple hundred bucks. FFS nobody acted like an adult.

Quoting Anonymous:

???
Not as uncommon as you might think. Many people, in today's economy, are resorting to getting roommates as adults to save money. Most of my personal friends are living in this arrangement as I type.
So you've never had to resort to having a roomie as an adult. Congrats! But don't judge others who do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why as adults were you living with another couple? I would say your dh is a pos too. If you moved in with someone you didn't know very well that was stupid too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM

So many ways to prove your argument invalid, where do I start....

1. He's not a POS for doing it. Far from it. These guys acted completely different once we moved in. Did I say anywhere how long he knew W? No. So idk why you're bringing that up.

2. No, I wasn't going to leave my hubby for THAT. Are you kidding me? We work through things together. He never left my side that entire time and stuck up for me the whole time we were there, and I did the same.

3. I mean really, "under a couple hundred bucks" means nothing when your landlord is trying to squeeze you for every penny you've got and you're dirt poor as a result. I'm glad you can afford a moving truck whenever something unexpected happens, but here, in the real world, it doesn't work out that way.
And for you to suggest I'm not a "person of worth" because of it tells me you are none too bright, judgmental and shallow.

4. It's funny how you're acting like you know all the surrounding circumstances. That's a hoot. My husband and I acted like adults by acting the way we have this past year.

Therefore, your entire reply is invalid. When you have to go through a humbling situation where you're dirt poor and have nothing, then get back to me.
You're a piece of work. Go see a shrink or something for your ridiculous anger. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He IS a pos for moving his family in with someone he wasn't extremely close to or known for a long time. No real man would put a wife through that and the first time that type of shit. happened you both should have been out. And what person of any worth doesn't make sure they have at least all their shit I mean really a moving truck is under a couple hundred bucks. FFS nobody acted like an adult.

Quoting Anonymous:

???

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What if they did this to avoid getting on PA? If they had gotten on PA instead you would have said there are other options.....

In this place you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM

THANK YOU, anon <3
There were many, many reasons we HAD to do it. I don't need to get into it to please people. And yes, the desire NOT to be forced to get anymore assistance was but a small reason.

Screw the haters, dude. I am STOKED! My rock concert DVDs....photo albums....MY BOOKS!!.....my daughter's bed and clothes and everything.......omg.....it's going to be like christmas going through it all!! haha. 

We are going in there, getting our stuff, and getting out as soon as possible. I personally do NOT plan on talking to either of them. They need to just step back and leave us alone as we do our thing.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What if they did this to avoid getting on PA? If they had gotten on PA instead you would have said there are other options.....

In this place you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I guess on top of all this nonsense you lack basic reading comprehension . I never said leave your dh i said both meaning you and dh. How well did you guys know r? He is a factor in this and if you moved in when only knowing w as a freind that was dumb, because you roomed with 2 people not one . He is a pos for not taking your family out of the place when shit started going wrong. I am not rich but we are not ignorant enough to give people money under harassment instead you use that money to move. I am sorry you have blinders on and cannot see the true simpleminded people you both are. PA in a higher amount would have been better than being in such a toxic environment so again stupidity

Quoting Anonymous:

1. He's not a POS for doing it. Far from it. These guys acted completely different once we moved in. Did I say anywhere how long he knew W? No. So idk why you're bringing that up.

2. No, I wasn't going to leave my hubby for THAT. Are you kidding me? We work through things together. He never left my side that entire time and stuck up for me the whole time we were there, and I did the same.

3. I mean really, "under a couple hundred bucks" means nothing when your landlord is trying to squeeze you for every penny you've got and you're dirt poor as a result. I'm glad you can afford a moving truck whenever something unexpected happens, but here, in the real world, it doesn't work out that way.
And for you to suggest I'm not a "person of worth" because of it tells me you are none too bright, judgmental and shallow.

4. It's funny how you're acting like you know all the surrounding circumstances. That's a hoot. My husband and I acted like adults by acting the way we have this past year.

Therefore, your entire reply is invalid. When you have to go through a humbling situation where you're dirt poor and have nothing, then get back to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

???

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM

well you said "both" of us, so I assumed you meant my DD and I because you were bashing my hubby before stating that. Pretty safe assumption to make.
How long we've known either of them really, truly, honestly is NOT a factor in this story. How we were treated and how they totally changed after we moved in is my point. Why bring unnecessary facts into this?
He is not a pos because he protects us and has since day one. Excuse my hubby for wanting an actual roof over our heads instead of the roof of a car. We both tried to make it work but it just didn't. And....my hubby is a pos for it? I think not. You are ridiculous.
And obviously you cannot read too well, either. They TRIED making us pay extra. We never did, we refused to. So.....again, why are you assuming stuff I clearly said I did NOT do??
We would not have gotten much more in PA, we did our research and applying earlier to know this. My hubby and I are far from stupid, so I can only laugh at that. lol.
We're not ones to resort to childish name calling and idiotic remarks- apparently that's not the case when it comes to you. Sad.

And my husband?? simple minded??? BAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!! omg literally have tears rolling down my cheeks. LMAO. That's why mensa wanted him to join when he was in high school. That's why he was taking college classes at 12. Mhmm, okay. We'll go with that- I'll give the dog a bone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess on top of all this nonsense you lack basic reading comprehension . I never said leave your dh i said both meaning you and dh. How well did you guys know r? He is a factor in this and if you moved in when only knowing w as a freind that was dumb, because you roomed with 2 people not one . He is a pos for not taking your family out of the place when shit started going wrong. I am not rich but we are not ignorant enough to give people money under harassment instead you use that money to move. I am sorry you have blinders on and cannot see the true simpleminded people you both are. PA in a higher amount would have been better than being in such a toxic environment so again stupidity

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

???

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured