Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I secretly thought it was funny when my kid said this but felt bad at the same time...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I am 9 months pregnant so my belly is huge right now, my 2 1/2 y/o daughter knows its because there is a baby growing in there. She calls her by her name and talks about her alot. Tells people that her baby sister is in my belly and tells them her name.

In the supermarket last week, standing in line at the deli counter, a larger woman is talking to my daughter , she asked my daughters name and so my daughter told her and then she asked the woman ... "What's your baby in your bellys name?" ... I  heard it, hoped by some chance that this woman was not just large but pregnant as well, took one look at her face and knew she wasn't. I had no idea what to say, she had no idea what to say ... I felt bad but at the same time kind of thought it was hysterical because she wasn't saying it to be mean she's a kid and just didn't know any better ... what do you even say in that situation?!

Edit* - I did apologize and say she is just confused and pointed at my belly - I'm not that mean, but still not sure how much better that made her feel.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Out of the mouths of babes....

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I would laugh to be honest but my daughter doesnt understand the baby in the belly thing yet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM

An "I'm sorry" would have been nice at least.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Lol omg iwould say sorry.she thinks woman are pregnant because I am.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I' have been embarrassed slightly if my son had said that.. If it were me who it was being said to, if have a good laugh.
MamaSwan001
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was pregnant with my first my neice asked me why I ate a baby.. 0.o lol and when I was going to poop her out.. Lol
FreelanceMommy
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM

My daughter would ask random bigger people about the babies in their bellies too... for the most part, since I was obviously very pregnant, they just laughed... I think they understood her line of thinking lol. Don't worry about it.

supercarp
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

You gently correct your daughter and apologize to the woman. When you get home you explain to your daughter that not everyone is shaped the same and you can't assume things about people you don't know.

CutieCrab
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

**awkward**

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Did you just not say anything? That's fairly rude on your part, imo. True that kids will say anything and everything, but it reflects on the parent. An "I'm sorry" was due on your part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN